Chapter 45

A/N

Youtube Playlist: (The Dark Witch: Unknown)

Song; (Jurrivh- Don't cry)

Marvel Quote:

"This is gonna work, Steve."

"I know it is. Because I don't know what I'm gonna do, if it doesn't."

Steve and Nat as they prepared to fight Thanos in the abandoned planet.

The chain around my neck feels heavy and insulting.

The more I pulled and tugged, the tighter it got.

I was trapped here, with no where to go.

My only option was to wait and see what happens.

Without my powers I felt helpless.

There was nothing I could do that allowed me to know what was happening.

I could only look.

I don't know how many hours passed. It could be minutes, seconds? That was impossible.

All I know, is that left alone, my mind becomes my enemy, my strength becomes my weakness.

The Dark Witch, once a Darkling, no longer powerful.

How quaint.

As it happened before, a dulling pain exploded at the center of my brain making me groan out loud.

Before I could get a grasp on what's happening, I feel the memories slip through my hands and scatter out into the wind.

Confused and frustrated, I try to understand what had happened.

Which memories have I lost this time?

Which part of my life have I forgotten?

I've already forgotten Soldat's name.

"Darkling?" A soft voice calls out from me through the door.

I glance up to view Banner's softened expression.

Banner. He is Hulk.

That's good, I remember that.

He, Thor and Rocket are one of the few that still call me Darkling. I think they've seen too much to know there was no way I could go back to my old name.

"Lets go,"

We stared at each other for a solid minute before I arched an eyebrow.

"Bruce, do you know what you're doing?"

He shakes his head and sighs. "To be honest, none of us do. But I know you want to see him. So let's go."

I remained quiet before lifting my finger and tugging the chain. "Bring this with you."

He doesn't question it, nor does he supports it. He simply does as I asked and picked up the chain wrapped through the wall before guiding me towards the living room.

The Facility is cold, empty, much too deserted for such a big place.

And then I remembered what the Snap did and kept quiet.