Chapter 49

Youtube Playlist: (The Dark Witch: Unknown)

Song; (Generdyn- True Colors) & (Tomme Profitt- Hero)

A/N Hope everyone is safe during this period where we're all lowkey losing our minds. I hope this book keeps you grounded for a bit and reminds you its okay to heal, regardless how long its been.

Marvel Quote:

"This is the one? Seriously?"

"The choices were him... or a tree."

Gamora to Nebula after decking Star-Lord in the balls.

"How you doing, Lorelie?" He asks first, his words hesitant but true.

"As good as I can be," I answered truthfully. "How the legs holding up?"

At that, Rhodey looks down to his legs where a newer, model version of the machinery that enabled him to walk, was.

I had created it using Nano-tech a few months back because I needed something to get my mind grounded.

Rhodey didn't know how to react when I showed it to him.

He was torn between trust and fear.

I didn't blame him.

For all he knew, I was trying to kill him, but the truth is, I couldn't even do that if I wanted too.

I was just so tired of losing my memory, day by day, month by month, year by year.

Everyone get's tired.

Just like how I'm allowed to be.

"I haven't seen any problems yet." He shrugs, smiling lightly. "But I'll let you know."

"Speaking of which, where are you?" Natasha asks him, glancing at over with a bit of suspicion given he hadn't gone offline yet.

"Mexico. The Federales found a room full of bodies. Looks like a bunch of cartel guys. Never even had the chance to get their guns off."

I peeked at that, my attention full.

"It's probably a rival gang."

"Except it isn't." He clarifies, halting Natasha and making the temperature in the room drop.

It's quiet for a while as Natasha and I processed the information.

I'm the one who lets out a mindless chuckle.

"Barton?"

Rhodey nods, his features falling, revealing grim feelings. "It's definitely Barton. What he's done here, what he's been doing for the last few years..."

Something ached in my chest, like a tiny pinch that made me grimace.

After Thanos destroyed the stones and it was revealed there was no way to get the others back, Barton went rouge.

I heard stories of what he's done.

Stories of the destruction he left behind.

All these years, the others left him to run amok, thinking it was the right thing to do but the truth was they were just too scared to find him.