~ Chapter 13

The two walked to her apartment, not talking at all. Well, they didn't really know what to say. Actually, they had a ton to say, they just didn't know how to say ALL of it.

Finally, after what felt like hours, they finally reached Haneul's apartment. 

"You don't live that far from me," Jaemin commented, as the two went up the elevator, and to her door.

"I can't believe I'm inviting a stranger into my home," she mumbled, ignoring Jaemin's statement.

"I'm not really a stranger. You already know me. What's your name by the way?"

"Park Haneul," she replied, glaring at him before unlocking her door and walking inside, Jaemin following behind. 

"You know, since you're going to be taking care of him, might as well get to know each other."

"Did you buy any of the things babies need?" she asked, once again ignoring him. 

"I kinda just got the baby this morning, I don't really know what it needs-"

Haneul's eyes widened as she held the baby far from her. "We need diapers."

Jaemin's eyes widened as well when he realized what she meant. 

"Take the baby," she said, walking towards Jaemin.

"No, it's okay, you can hold him," he replied innocently, smiling at her while walking away.

"Jaemin, he's literally your baby."

"No, it's not."

"Yes, it is," she managed to say, trying to give him the baby. "Frick, what do I do?"

"Buy diapers?"

Haneul stared at him in disbelief. "I can if you'd hold the baby."

Jaemin sighed but slowly started to walk towards her, hesitantly holding his arms out for the baby. 

"Damn, it's just a baby."

"Says the one who was chasing me around cause she didn't want to hold him." He said, taking the baby from her arms. 

She gave him a sarcastic smile and walked to the door, but quickly turned around. 

"Actually you should buy diapers. And the food. And some clothes."

Jaemin hid his smile as he walked towards her, handing her the baby.

"Why is that?"

"Because," she replied, taking the baby. "You have more money than I do. Plus, I don't trust you at my house alone."

Jaemin rolled his eyes. "What's gonna make you trust me? I mean, we're working together."

"I'll trust you when I get to know you better," Haneul told him, pushing him out the door. "Just hurry up please."

Jaemin left, closing the door behind him as Haneul took the baby and walked to the living room, and sat on the ground, letting the baby crawl around.

"The things I do for you," she mumbled, but she couldn't help but smile when she saw the baby. She felt not-so alone anymore.

But before she could continue thinking, her phone rang, making her jump. She quickly went to get her phone, leaving the baby in the living room. 

She found it on the kitchen table and went to check who was calling. 

"Sana!"

"Han!"

"How are you guys? Did you reach yet?" Haneul asked, curious. 

"Of course not. But we're about to board the second plane." Haneul could hear the sound of Mark talking to the staff behind the call.

"Oh, call me again when you get there," she said.

"I will. How are you holding up? Has anything crazy happened?"

Crazy? The baby was a pretty crazy situation, but she couldn't tell her.

Haneul's eye's widened. Wait, did she really just leave the baby alone?

"I'm okay. Nothing crazy happened," she replied, running to the living room, but her heartbeat quickened when she realized the baby wasn't there.

"Are you okay? You sound....distracted?" Sana spoke on the other end.

"I'm fine," she told her friend, running into her room. She could have sworn she heard a baby in there. And to her luck, he was there.

Haneul sighed in relief as she grabbed the baby with her free arm, and lifter him, making him laugh.

She smiled at how cute he was but realized Sana probably heard that.

"Um...Haneul, was that a baby?"

Her face went pale before she coughed, "What? No, there's no baby," but after she said that, the baby started to make more noises.

"Haneul-"

"I have to go, nothing is going on. Don't worry. Love you, bye," she interrupted, ending the call. 

She sighed, carrying the baby. "Please be quiet," she asked. 

The baby looked at her and just slapped her face gently back before laughing. 

"I'll forgive you because you're too cute," she replied, laughing with the baby. 

And for the first time, she didn't feel so alone anymore.