Chapter 60: A ring of promise

Jeon Jungkook

The girl is new. Unfamiliar to me. Of course, I would have known if she's been a student before. Not to boast but she would have recognized me if she was.

Anyway, I can totally tell she's gorgeous even with the simple things going on with her face and clothes, the way she stood before me, and the way she spoke to me.

No, it wasn't love at first sight. It was... something. Like she wanted to spark something.

I know how I left her a bad impression of me by making not-so-gentleman remarks, throwing the cash she gave me and the coffee, but hey, maybe I want to be remembered?

Maybe. Sure. I wanted that spark and I thought I have always liked dark colors but who would have thought that in my whole existence I might like a light color, a really bright one?

I was really being an asshole to her. On purpose. She wasn't keen on giving me enough attention. In which I find very disturbing. Surprisingly.

She's even a real beauty when I saw her face with no make-up. Simple. So simple yet her eyes are so focused on something. Like I wasn't in her line of vision.

I want her to be interested in me.

But I was told she was off-limits.

Who gets to tell that?!

His cousin? I know Bambam was being overprotective, but come on!

I mean, am I not good enough for her?

I am Jeon Jungkook, for goodness's sake.

But who am I kidding when it seems like I was just only a dust that got into her eyes that she was determined to wash off.

"I like someone. His name is Jeon Jungkook. Can you keep it a secret between us?"

That was my most favorite secret ever. I mean, Lalisa Manoban finally giving me the attention I wanted. The attention I never know I needed so much in my life until I was given.

My heart did somersaults at that time.

I wanted to shout in happiness.

She likes me back!

I tried not getting it on my head but everytime I see her smile at me, something just grows inside of me.

I cannot control it.

I won't control it.

Because it makes me feel alive.

Happy.

But what makes me more happy is when she acts cute and sweet to me. It makes me want to give the whole world to her if I could.

Mina. My love was friends with Mina. Mina...

I loved her, I admit. But what she did? I thought I could hate her for so long. She ruined my trust. She broke my heart. But she has been a part of me... that was one thing that Lisa reminded me. Mina was part of my life, too.

Second chances. Lisa believes in that.

I was afraid to love again because of Mina but Lisa brought a spark larger than my fear.

I know she was contemplating to be in a relationship with me because of Mina. I very well know that was what hindering us.

She wasn't sure of my feelings. She was being doubtful. I cannot blame her but I felt hurt she doesn't trust my love for her.

But I understood.

There's this thing about first love that never dies...

But it wasn't the case for me.