Chapter 35: An answer to Whys

LALISA MANOBAN

"There's one day left, you know."

This was what I said to Jungkook over the phone as we talked.

Since he went to Busan, every night I would call him like I promise. Though, there was one time I forgot to call him because Jimin called me to rant about how stupid Mingyu was for giving her a red dress when she hated the color red. Her complaints went on until I just realized it was 10pm and I hadn't called Jungkook.

Which was why, the next day, he sent me a long message about how he didn't get to sleep much because he was waiting for my call.

I felt guilty about that.

"But still... time moves so slow. I missed you so much already." He whined like a child.

I chuckled trying to hide the tingling sensation I felt inside, "There's nothing we can do about it. Anyway, tell me how's your day so that it feels like I'm there with you."

He coughed all of a sudden, "Wait a minute... am I hearing sweet words from you?"

I bit my lip, holding back a smile and fakelt argued, "I've always been sweet!"

"No way." He sounded like he can't believe what he heard.

"I am sweet!" I defended.

"So strange..."

"Yah!" I exclaimed because of his teasing.

I heard him laughed over the phone.

"Alright, alright. I'll stop right there. But you got to admit that I'm sweeter than you."

I hissed, "I can be sweeter, you know."

"Oh really? Then, show me." He challenged.

I rolled my eyes even if he can't see, "Are you my boyfriend?"

He released a loud sigh, "Not yet."

I smirked, "Until then."

He whined again and I just laughed.

After that, we went back to our usual conversation. He told me about his day and I told him mine.

In that way, we felt closer even with the distance.

The next day, Jimin went to my apartment in excitement with her bags.

Tomorrow we'll be going to Jeju Island for our outing and she decided, she's sleeping over here.

She said she want to ride with Jungkook and me because Mingyu will just annoy the hell out of her when they ride on the same car.

That's her words not mine.

"Jungkook's coming back at what time?" She asked while she pets Luca on the head.

We were at the living room, chilling with a sci-fi movie on.

"He said 8 p.m." I answered, my eyes fixed on the TV screen.

She hummed as a response and we got quiet after that.

Then, in the middle of tension and awe of what we're watching, my phone rung breaking the atmosphere.

Jimin exclaimed, "Your phone is not on silent?!"

I just sent her an apologetic smile and went to grabbed my phone on the glass table at the middle.

Mina's contact appeared to be calling and I looked at Jimin in wary.

She looked at me in annoyance, "What? Aren't you going to answer that? Movie's at the climax, Lili."

Awkwardly I said, "Could you paused it for awhile? I'm just going to answer this. It'll be quick, I promised!"