Chapter 55: Won't Go

Lalisa Manoban

"Jungkook... I..."

Tears kept falling down on his face. I don't want to see him like this. Because any minute now, I might just give up and surrender whatever I should be doing.

"I don't want to lose you, baby. Ever since you've become mine, I swear to every damn thing that I won't let you go no matter what. So tell me how am I supposed to get a life with Mina like you wanted when in my heart it's you? Tell me, baby, am I the only one loving so much here?"

No. Don't say that. I love you more than you see. I love you as much as the galaxies.

I love your all. Your eyes, your lips... everything about you.

"Did you even love me?"

Now, that's a question that struck me.

My tears that I've been holding back fell like rainfall.

It blurred my sight of him.

I can't blame him for doubting my love. I'm afraid to admit but I should face another side of reality.

A reality where I did let go of him easily.

But what can I do?

Like I said, I don't want to live in happiness that makes other people get hurt.

Mina almost took her life because of the happiness I wanted.

I don't want to live like that.

"How was... how was Mina?"

I was crying yet this was what I replied to him.

He sarcastically laughed, "Mina, mina, mina! Why is it always her?!"

I flinched when he shouted angrily.

"Because... this is all about you and her. And your families." I tried to sound calm even if I was having a hard time speaking.

He looked at me like he can't believe what I'm saying.

"No. This is all about me and you, Lisa. What matters here is not them, but you and I. Why can't you understand that?"

This is... hurting.

I looked at him straight in the eyes.

"The world doesn't revolve around you and I, Jungkook. There are other people around us, too. They matter, too. Even it I tell you I love you and I want you back so badly, that won't change the fact that I have to let you go because someone almost took her life for you. She loves you way too much and I shouldn't be denying you to her...

Jungkook, I can't live a life where there are people hurting because of my happiness."

He shook his head, "What about me then?"

I was taken aback.

"You're taking away my happiness. Can you live knowing that?"

He took steps forward to me until he's about a mere distance, but I didn't move. I was too stun to even say something, too.

"Can you live a life knowing you took my happiness away?"

He was too close to me.

One wrong move, his lips would collide to mine.

The thing was, I should be moving away. My body just won't cooperate.

My tears already stopped but I can still feel strong emotions.