Chapter 49: She almost

Lalisa Manoban

Jungkook kept on hissing in pain whenever I slowly damped the cotton on his bruised lips, applying medication.

I released a sigh when I was done with it and then proceeded to clean up his knuckles which also got dried blood from punching the table awhile ago.

After the not-so-good meeting with his parents, Jungkook decided we should leave.

I felt heavy because the night didn't end up like I wanted to... and I felt seriously hurt because of his Dad's words.

Even if I managed to say what I wanted to say to him, at the end of the day, I don't feel proud of myself.

"I'm sorry, Lili." Jungkook silently uttered.

I didn't react, I just continued applying cream to his hand.

Not because I was mad at him but just for the reason that I don't want a flashback. It makes my heart ripped into pieces.

After I was done, without saying anything to him, I cleaned up what we used.

"I'm just going to throw these." I told him.

But before I could even stand up, he pulled me back on the couch, next to him.

He intertwined our fingers and locked his focus to it.

"I don't want to lose you, Lisa." He said, brushing his thumb against our intertwined hands.

I gulped, and just watched him.

"Like you've heard, my parents were married by convenience. My mom said they were too young that the idea of already having someone to marry made them feel like they had lost their freedom. They went years rebelling to their own parents so that they won't meet each other and the marriage be called off. But then... my Dad's family business was on the verge of bankruptcy and my Mom was involved with a lot of rumors about men and it was getting out of hand... in the end they had no choice. The married each other and thankfully it was one of the few successful arranged marriage."

He released a heavy sigh as he rubbed his thumb against my hand.

"Ever since he knew Mina's father after months of staying in Japan last year, he got interested on their mall business and formed a partnership... the day when I Mina and I broke up, he told me I was on an arranged marriage to her. They never knew our relationship, so they never knew what happened to us."

He bitterly chuckled while I fell in disbelief.

"Even though I still loved her that time, I didn't want to risk myself again to her and hurt Eunwoo over and over. I started to date girls for fun, never got into a serious relationship. Never permitted anyone to touch me or kiss me... That's why I was branded that I have never had a girlfriend and I haven't had my firsts and the most hilarious thing they said, gay..."

He shook his head, chuckling.

"But I know I wasn't."

He finally looked up to me and with glistening eyes, he said, "I was just feeling over with my life that it was alright to play around. Eventually I moved on from her, realized I should just focus on what I want to do with my life and then you came..."

He smiled but I found it painful.

"The day you came, you got me. You're just... too beautiful to me. Then became perfect when I got your attention. You made me live again, Lili... that's why I'm feeling guilty that I didn't protect you from my father properly when you protect me from him. When you fight him for me. I should be the one doing that..."