Chapter 45: Her Hometown Part II

LALISA MANOBAN

At exactly 3 p.m., we were driving around places in Bangkok.

Jungkook is a bit surprised when I told him that I know how to drive and have got my license when I turned 18 in Thai.

Back in Korea, I planned to get one soon and when I told Jungkook about this, he suddenly didn't like the idea and reprimanded me from trying to get one.

I asked him why and he said that if I get one, he will not be able to fetch me everyday and we won't be coming to school together.

He didn't like that, he added.

Though I really wanted to get a Korea's driving licence, seeing his pouty face made me want to reconsider.

Tch, he got me under again.

Our first destination was Wat Pho which is famous for the reclining Buddha. We took a lot of pictures of the structure of the building and the Reclining Buddha itself. We also tried the traditional Thai massage and Jungkook almost fell asleep because of how it felt good.

After that, we visited national museums, shopping malls, and took a stroll around parks and small markets.

At the small markets, we found an artist's shop. Because I love my curiosity when it comes to my favorite thing to do besides loving Jungkook, we entered the shop by my request.

There we met an artist who paints both portraits of people and landscapes of scenery. When combined, the result looked amazing that he got me hooked.

"Let's ask him to paint us." Jungkook told me when we saw paintings of couples.

I smiled, looking at the lovely photos, "Shall we?"

Jungkook nodded his head and so we both asked the painter.

But before he could agree, he told us one thing and made us promised, "I hope after this, you can both still visit me. Like... still a couple. The last couple I painted, the dancing ones, they told me they broke up when they separately visited me. And I felt heartbroken, too. So, can you promise me that you'll still be together when you visit me next time? If not, please don't come back and break my heart."