Chapter 26: Keep it a secret

LALISA MANOBAN

"You're inviting me?" Jungkook asked, wide-eyed. Like he can't believe what I just  said to him.

Me too, I can't believe I just asked him to eat with me. I mean, I didn't prepare anything!

"Well, on second thought--" I tried to say but he abruptly cut me off.

"I'll agree! I mean... who am I to reject your offer?" He said then awkwardly chuckled.

I lightly scratched my hair, "But then... We have no cooked food inside."

He grinned, "I can cook."

Of course, he can. His family owns chains of restaurants. It's just makes sense that he can be a good cook.

"Really?"

"Hmm, maybe pasta?"

I squealed, "I have ingredients for pasta!"

"That's great."

I've led the way inside my apartment and Luca welcomed us.

I sat down and brushed his head, "How's your day, buddy?"

Luca meowed and I chuckled.

I stood up and turned to Jungkook who's looking at Luca with cold eyes.

I lightly slapped his shoulders that made him turn his attention to me.

I raised my eyebrows, "Luca is too innocent for your cold behavior."

He hissed, "I should get you a cat, too."

Now, he got me excited.

"I'm planning to adopt another one so that Luca can have a playmate."

He grinned, "Well, I'll get you one then."

I shook my head, "I can get one for myself. Anyway, I'm starving. We should get to the kitchen."

We proceeded to the kitchen leaving Luca behind.

I prepared the ingredients for the chicken parmesan pasta he mentioned that he mastered to cook.

After that, he started to wash, cut, chop, and slice.

While he was doing that, I was preparing Luca's food.

"I'm just going to feed Luca."

He just hummed and I went out of the kitchen to feed Luca.

I went back to the kitchen to see him boiling the noodles.

I stand next to him.

"Do you need any help?"

He turned to me, "None as of the moment... but I could entertain a talk."

I blinked a few times, "Talk?"

He nodded his head, "I mean... you left me... without an answer."

"Ah... that..." I pointed awkwardly, remembering the time inside his car.

"Well, not that I'm pressuring you to answer. I can wait for that, no matter how long will it take."

I looked at him straight in the eyes, sincerity can be seen behind those two black orbs he have. I gulped and mustered all the confidence I have and started to say, "The truth is..  I've thought so long about this. I've been thinking that this shouldn't have happened between us. I've been denying everything because I'm afraid of breaking promises. But even with that, I considered all the possibilities. My feelings. I even talked to someone about it because I might go crazy if I haven't told anyone and she gave me good advices. Now, I realized why can't I live for the moment? When after all, we only live once. Jungkook, the truth is--"