Chapter 41: Let's Talk

LALISA MANOBAN

Dinner time.

We ate in silence. Only the sound of the utensils clattering against the plates can only be heard.

Everyone was feeling each other's mood, especially Jungkook's and probably mine.

He was at the end of the table, unsually far from me, eating so fast he barely gave us any glance until he was done and walked out of the dining room without saying anything at all.

I sighed a little loud that I gathered my friends' attention.

"You should talk to him, Lisa." Eunwoo, who was sat opposite to me, suddenly said, looking at me with concerned eyes.

"I don't think he's calmed down yet." I said.

But the truth was, I didn't want to talk to him just yet.

What am I supposed to say to him?

I wasn't brave enough to say to him what I knew and what my thoughts were.

"You two aren't in a relationship yet, Lisa. But why do I feel like you already can't handle this?" I heard Rosé on the other side of table.

Jaehyun gave her a stare like he was telling her she shouldn't have said what she have just said.

I gulped, feeling heavy once again.

She's right.

Why can't I handle this situation?

I'm ruining our vacation.

I'm ruining the fun.

I shouldn't have heard anything.

I shouldn't have known.

Why do I have to be so curious and dumb to even stay and listen to their conversation?

And the fact that we were not even in a relationship yet I do things so stupidly makes it a lot worse than I imagine.

"I'm sorry, guys." I just muttered before standing up from my seat and as disrespectful as it was, I left the table.

I walked outside, the breeze welcoming me.

I felt the coldness touching my skin even though I was already wearing a sweater.

I breathe in some air and heavy released it.

I did it for so many times until I didn't feel so much stuffiness inside me anymore.

I looked up to the sky full of bright stars twinkling to me.

I flew to Korea to pursue my dream goals: to graduate at this famous art school I always dreamed about attending and to be an aspiring landscape artist in the future.

I have no plans to meet someone who shared big secrets to me.

I have no plans to meet someone who's pretty and nice but have betrayed people.

I have no plans to involve myself into other people's problems and help them gain their friends back

And... I have no plans to meet someone I can fall in love with.

So why?

Why am I caught up in this entangled, messed up situation?

Just then, my thoughts are interrupted when I felt someone behind me put a jacket to me.