Chapter 50: She Almost II

LALISA MANOBAN

I didn't know, Jungkook talked to Mina about cancelling their marriage.

He didn't tell me about it, that was why I'm a bit shocked when he told me about how she set up to meet him over the weekend before the school started.

He received a punch from Mina's father and got yelled, "We told you how fragile she is right now! I warned you not to tell her about it and let her cool down first. You just have to wait! Now look at what happened!"

Although they were shouting in Japanese, I understood what they were saying.

I saw how his hand balled into a fist but neither he did say anything back nor moved.

He was just receiving everything.

"If something happens to my daughter, I'm holding you responsible for it." Mina's father bitterly spoke.

"The accident wasn't Jungkook's fault, Sir. Why are you being like this?"

His eyes turned towards me, "You're the girl Mina's talking about? How dare you!"

I gulped and Jungkook pushed me to his back.

"She isn't involved in here, Sir. I'm going to take responsibility for Mina's accident. But that's just it. I'm not going to take back anything I said to you and her."

Mina's father hissed, "Ungrateful."

Then he walked away, Mina's mother tailing behind after giving us an apologetic smile.

I reached for Jungkook's hand and instantly his tensed body relaxed.

He turned to me and gave me a bitter smile, "I'm sorry, Lisa. This isn't what I expected to happen. I never thought Mina..."

He exhaled a troubled sigh.

I can't bear to see him looking so miserable so I just pulled him in a hug.

"This is all my fault." He whispered in my shoulders.

I hushed him, "No, it isn't. It was an accident. Nobody's at fault."

I felt him shook his head like he was rejecting what I meant and like he was trying to say, don't make it harder for me and just agree.

But how could agree with him when clearly it was not his fault unlike what Mina's parents think... and what he thinks.

I sighed and gently pushed him away from me.

I looked at him in the eyes, "I know I shouldn't be saying this because it sound so selfish. But if this is the only way I can bring the Jeon Jungkook I know, I will say it."

I released a sigh again before starting, "If you think the accident is your fault and if you really think you should take responsibility for what happened to Mina, will you please let me know?"

Then I smiled to him before continuing, "Just in case... I'll let go of your hand and won't make everything between us come to a point where we both feel heavy and hurt because of each other. I still value our friendship. At least, at some point, we still can save that..."

His eyes danced with pain, "No, you won't do that."

I smiled like I know him, "Of course, I won't... if you won't."

---

"I can't really understand what girls are really made of. Sometimes they're really happy but most of times they always wanted a break up over small petty things."