Chapter 18: This should be fine

Lalisa Manoban

Lunch break came fast. Jimin and I are happily skipping towards the cafeteria as the three boys walked behind us while talking about their game next month.

Upon our arrival at the cafeteria, we spotted Yugyeom already settled on our usual spot.

He's alone.

"Hey, Gyeom!" Jimin greeted as we took our seats.

I looked around the cafeteria trying to look for a familiar figure but failed to see.

"Where's Jungkook?" I heard Jaehyun asked so I turned my attention back to them.

"Yes, where's Kookie?" Jimin seconded.

Yugyeom who's busy with his phone looked up and answered, "I don't know about that guy, but he said he's going out of the school."

"Maybe something came up with the restaurant." Eunwoo added as he took his seat.

"Or maybe, he's got someone to flirt." Mingyu joked.

Jimin, Jaehyun, and Yugyeom laughed while I just timidly smile and Eunwoo acted like he didn't hear anything.

"Anyway Lisa, how's Bambam?" Jaehyun turned the conversation to me.

"Oh... He's getting discharged today."

"That's good, then." Jimin said to me and smiled.

"Poor Bammie, he's going to wear a cast for 8 weeks. He will not be able to play for the finals." Mingyu pouted.

"But he'll be excused for our classes and will just take a special final examination. He's lucky at that part." Yugyeom uttered.

"Well, that's true though. But what matters the most is that he'll be fine next semester. Anyway, let's get our lunch 'cause I'm really starving." Jimin said and we all went to grab our lunch after Mingyu and her bickered.

Three days passed by but still Jungkook wasn't joining us for our lunch.

I'm starting to have an idea why he wouldn't eat with us but I always shrugged it immediately off my mind.

But when one week passed by and we haven't seen his face since, I'm starting to feel guilty for saying some things to him and for accidentally mentioning the "cheating" part even though I'm not sure if he understood it or not.

Yes, I'm starting to acknowledge maybe the reason he's not showing up is because of me not because he's busy like Yugyeom would always tell us.

Or maybe... I'm just too thick-faced to even think of me as the reason. Maybe... he's just with Mina... Maybe the time we saw them at the parking lot means a thing.

Like, maybe they're spending time to get back together.

That felt weird and awkward.

"What's with the long face, Lisa?" Jimin shattered my thoughts.

"Huh?" I asked, slowly pulling myself together.

"You seem so out of this world everyday. What's wrong with you?"

"Oh..." I awkwardly scratched my head.

Jimin playfully grinned, "Do you happen to miss someone?"

I immediately became defensive, "What? No! I'm not missing Jungkook!"

My eyes widened and I immediately covered my mouth because of the name I uttered.

Jimin looked at me in a teasing manner.