Chapter 53: Cruel

LALISA MANOBAN

It has been a week since I last saw Jungkook. I would be lying if I say that I wasn't thinking about him all the time when in my head, it was full of him.

I would be lying if I say I was focused with my studies when there were so many times I've been caught by my professors staring into the galaxy of self-brought misery.

I would be lying if I say I wasn't crying every night when in the next morning, Jimin would always looked at me with worried eyes.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't getting tired from everything and I won't want to come back to Jungkook when in fact, I badly wanted to run to him. Apologize and plead to take me back.

"You've dozing into space again, Lisa."

That was Eunwoo.

The two of us were at the rooftop of our building for he pulled me out here during lunch and fed me when I didn't look like I wanted to eat.

He released a heavy sigh and looked at me.

"You know you can take Jungkook back if this is hard for you."

I thought I would burst into crying again when I heard his name, but I guess my eyes gave up. My reservoirs have also run dry on their own.

"You know I can't even if I want to." I said.

He took a step closer to me and looked at me with pity. He pat my head and I gave him a sad smile.

"Don't look at me like that, Eunwoo. I kind of deserve this."

He shook his head and lightly chuckled, "You're so pure, Lisa. I don't believe you deserved any of this. What I believe is that you have to be happy without sacrificing anything."

I sighed and looked far away.

"I didn't sacrifice. I just did what I think is right."

"Is leaving Jungkook feels right?"

My heart stumped.

The answer was so obvious but I just kept silent.

Leaving a person behind never feels right.

"Are you hurt, Eunwoo?" I changed the attention to him.

"Hurt? I am." I was surprised he answered so direct.

But then he continued, "Not because of Mina. But because of what is happening. I'm hurt to see Jungkook and you getting hurt. I'm hurt because I can't do anything."

I turned to him and stared at his side-view face.

Eunwoo...

"Mina was so lucky he was loved by you."

He chuckled, his hair blown by the wind makes him look good than he already is.

"Was she?"

I hummed as a response.

"If I was her, I would never look to other man than you."

"Other man meaning Jungkook?"

He caught me off guard.

"N...no... I mean... why would you bring that..." I said, my tone lowering each time my words came out from my mouth.

He laughed lightly, "Don't give me hopes, Lisa. I'm not going to repeat what happened."

That confused me that was why my eyebrows crooked.

"Forget I said that."

---