Chapter 38: It's You

LALISA MANOBAN

"Did you sleep well?" I asked Mina over our breakfast.

I woke up earlier to make toasted breads, cooked hams and bacon, prepared lettuces, and made sauces to finished the sandwich.

We should eat breakfast before the trip to the beach, you know.

Then, when Jungkook woke up, he helped me with the coffees and milks even though we didn't talk much because I felt awkward all of a sudden.

Last night, after our serious talk, he made me promise that I will stop helping Mina to rekindle their friendship. Obviously, he read my plans and actions easily that I didn't get to argue much.

But, I didn't give him an answer or any promises if I would continue helping her or not.

I'm undecided.

He made his point crystal clear, and I also made my point.

Let's just leave it at that first.

"It was great. I was comfortable." Mina answered me, smiling widely as she forked a piece of bacon on her plate.

"That's good, then." I said to her, smiling.

"Yeah, I thought I would have a hard time sleeping alone but I managed to fall asleep really fast. I must've been tired." She said, secretly and quickly passing a glance at Jungkook who was silently eating beside me.

I tried my best to not mind it, "Tired?"

Mina nodded, "Camping activity, remember?"

As if like a light bulb turned on, I suddenly remembered what she was talking about, "Oh, right. You told me about it. Do you always do that?"

She lightly laughed, "It's kind of a tradition for me to go every year. But it was more fun when I used to have a company with me."

Really, if I wasn't a great observer, I wouldn't notice how she took a glance at Jungkook's direction real quick.

Ha... This doesn't feel good at all.

Just then, Jungkook suddenly got up from his chair that was next to me, carrying his empty plate.

He hasn't spoken any words and just kept eating while Mina and I talked with a little about him.

Though that doesn't necessarily mean we were talking about him obviously.

My eyes followed his figure until he turned around after placing his plate at the sink.

I looked away and turned back to Mina with curious eyes.

"He's done already?" Mina asked.

"Probably." I answered, looking down on my own plate.

"I'm going to get ready. The guys will be here in thirty. Eat faster. I'll go wake up Jimin." Jungkook said as he passed by us.

I puckered my lips at my food.

"Woke up on the wrong side of the bed?"

I looked up to Mina when she said that. Jungkook was nowhere now.

"Huh?"

"He seems not on the mood."

I stared at Mina, trying to sink in how she could easily see through Jungkook. Well, I shouldn't be that surprised since they secretly dated.

They must know each other pretty well since they have known each other for years. While me, well me... have been here for just months and known him for only those months.