[42]

"What do you want me to say?" I asked him.

"I don't know," he said. "But you should know, I still think I love you"

My heart felt as if it stopped beating. I looked at him, and he was looking back at me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked him and my whole mind seemed to be frozen.

He looked at me like I was stupid. "What do you think?" He asked, almost like he seemed offended.

I couldn't speak. That meant what he'd said, but it couldn't. My mind was blank until suddenly a smile started spreading over Hyunjin's face.

The following seconds passed in a flash. Hyunjin put his arms around me, pulling me closer to him. He still had the same scent that I loved, or maybe I just loved it because it was Hyunjin's. I didn't get to think of his scent very long though, because the next second I found myself with his lips against my own.

I was shocked, to say the least. I wasn't expecting him to still like me, although he made my heart beat faster. I couldn't help but wonder, did I still love him?

I couldn't, I was only in high school back then. It might only have been two years, but I had matured a lot in the past two years. It seems like Hyunjin had as well though.

He was still as handsome. Being able to look at his face was a blessing. His face was never the reason I loved him though. No, I had only had a crush on him.

Fuck it, I was still in love with him. Trying to deny it was pointless. I kissed him back as I put my arms over his shoulders, around his neck.

"That was sure an unexpected welcoming back," I said and let out a chuckle.

"I'm not on a dating ban anymore, so I'll do anything to be with you this time" he explained, making my heart skip a beat.

"What about the rest of the group then?" I asked him worriedly. They might be affected if our relationship gets hate.

"They're cool with it," he said, a huge smile spreading over his face, making him look like the happiest kid in the world. "They were cool with it even two years ago, trust me"

"Even Jeongin?" I wondered, surprised my twin would let me date his best friend.

"Shocking I know," he said, making me laugh again. "but you better not ruin this, or he'll be after me" Hyunjin added.

"Then isn't it you who shouldn't ruin it?" I asked as I didn't get where the logic was.

"That's the thing, since you're the sister, I'll get the blame either way," he said which made me laugh slightly.

"I think either way you'll deserve getting the blame," I said.

"That's mean of you to assume," he said and pouted cutely.

I laughed. "Whatever"

"But can you promise me one thing?" He asked and looked at me with seriousness in his eyes. "No hiding it this time"

I laughed again. "Sure," I said. "But we should still keep it a bit low key"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Hyunjin asked and frowned.

"That means" I started talking but paused to change my position on the sofa. "It's not a secret, but still private" I finished the explanation.

Hyunjin held out his hand in front of me, and at first, I didn't understand what he was doing. "That's a deal" he then said and I realized.

I took his hand in my own and shook it. He was still childish and weird, but I liked it.

We both chuckled before he laid his arm over my shoulders and pulled me closer so my head was resting on his shoulder.