[16]

I was heading home when Hojun ran up behind me.

"Hey Chaeyoung, we should walk home together," he said.

"Yeah sure" I answered him and we began walking.

"I know now why I recognized you," he announced and suddenly I was frightened. What if he had seen the articles about the dating rumor? "My sister has stray kids posters all over her room, and you're really alike your brother" he then said. It made me relieved.

"Yeah I know," I responded. "Everyone says so" I added.

"I'm sorry, you have probably grown up hearing that from everyone" he apologized.

"I actually haven't," I said. How could anyone say that when they didn't know I had a brother?

"Were you not similar as children?" He asked. He was asking way too much, it made me uncomfortable.

"I don't know," I said when it hit me that I didn't know what he looked like when he was younger.

"How can you not know that?" He asked. He was just trying to be nice, but I didn't want to talk about it now.

"I'm sorry, can we talk about something else?" I asked him and smiled politely.

He seemed confused at first, but then he smiled back. "Of course"

We talked about other things after that, until a certain someone interrupted us.

"Yah, Chaeyoung," someone said. He was wearing a face mask and a cap to cover his face, but his eyes belonged to none other than Hwang Hyunjin, and so did the voice.

"What are you doing here?" I asked the boy.

"I should ask you the same," he said, staring at poor Hojun.

"I'm on my way home," I said and glared at him.

He looked at me, his stare intenser than ever before. "With him?" He asked and pointed at Hojun without breaking our eye contact.

"Yes," I said and stared back at him. "With him"

For a few seconds, we were having some sort of staring contest, until Hyunjin turned to look at Hojun. He went closer to the boy and grabbed the collar of his shirt with one hand, and with the other, he pulled down his face mask to show his face. Hyunjin was a bit taller, which made it look kind of funny, but Hojun had all of my sympathies.

Hojun swallowed before Hyunjin opened his mouth to talk. "Don't you dare hurt Chaeyoung, ever, in any way. And don't get too close to her," he told the one year younger boy before grabbing my hand and pulling me with him, away from the boy.

'Sorry' I mouthed towards Hojun, hoping he would understand what I was trying to tell him.

"Yah!" I cried at Hyunjin. "Let go of me" I continued, trying to break free from his hand.

"No," he said and continued walking.

"What's your problem with him anyway?" I asked him, not understanding why I couldn't have friends.

Suddenly he stopped. "What my problem with him is?" He repeated my question. "Well, that doesn't matter" he tried to say.

"So you're just going to threaten my friend and then just leave it like that?" I wondered as I raised an eyebrow.

"Exactly," he said before continuing walking.

I wasn't in a mood to argue with him, so I kept quiet as we were walking. Hyunjin dared to let go of my hand after a short while. I had no reason to run away anyway. But I soon realized we weren't heading towards the dorm.