[30]

"I... I" I didn't know what to tell him. I wanted to tell him how much I liked him, but my brain was stopping me. It was better for Hyunjin to not know. That way he could eventually forget about me and focus on his career. Although this was in fact a great opportunity to tell him if I was ever going to.

I opened up my mouth, about to speak, when his phone started ringing.

Seriously? Why now?

We both looked at his phone and he sighed before picking it up. "Yeah I'll be back soon" he said before hanging up on the caller. It seemed like he was in a hurry.

He looked at me as if he was ready to hear what I had to say, with bright, hopeful eyes that wouldn't leave my own eyes.

I didn't know what to say, again, and I chickened out. "Yah, shouldn't you get that thing you came here for, and get your ugly ass back to the company?" I asked him in a teasing way with a chuckle at the end to not seem too suspicious.

"My ass is not ugly" he said and looked offended. At least it seemed to have worked since he continued on the new subject instead of asking once again for an answer.

"Just get away from here, you seem to be in quite a hurry" I said and left him as I went to my own room and closed the door behind. He didn't need to be distracted by me right now.

I threw myself on my bed and buried my face in the pillow. Stupid. Stupid. Chaeyoung. I hit my head down in the pillow a few times as if that would fix everything. It didn't. Life really hated me. Or maybe I was just really bad at life. Either way, I had just made my life way more difficult than it had to be. I tend to do that quite often, one of my specialties for sure.

I went to the kitchen after Hyunjin had left, to make myself some popcorn, then laid down in my bed to watch Hyunjin compilations as I regretted life. What had happened to me really? I'm even watching compilation videos of Hyunjin because of how much I like him. It might not be as good as seeing him in real life, but hey, I shouldn't be complaining.

One video really caught my attention. It was a compilation of Chaejin moments. What better Hyunjin content, than content that I'm also in, right?

I started the video without hesitation. This better be good.

It was mostly clips of us interacting with each other. In some clips from different live streams, I was sitting in his lap. Did I really sit in his lap that often? They had a bunch of photos, and some of them had I never even seen before. They pointed out how Hyunjin said his ideal type was Jeongin as a girl and showed footage of Hyunjin phone where you could see I was the background of his screen. Stupid boy to have a picture of me so everyone could see it. They had apparently also noticed I always wore Hyunjin's jacket. Stalkers much.

Seeing the video made me wish I'd told him earlier what I felt. That he was right next to me, just holding me close. I couldn't decide wether I'd made a mistake or not.

Eventually my thoughts, that were pretty much all over the place, had me fall asleep peacefully with Hyunjin videos still playing on the TV screen.

3rd person POV

As the members returned home late in the evening they all went straight to the bathroom before going to bed.

Hyunjin heard music playing from Chaeyoung's room, so he went to check what it was. He knew maybe he shouldn't be so clingy towards her, but whenever he saw her, he couldn't stop himself. She was just too cute and he liked her too much.

He opened up her door and found her sleeping in her bed and a bowl with only a few popcorns left, stood right next to her. He went closer to examine her sleeping face when he realized she was once again watching Hyunjin compilation videos. At least she had been until she fell asleep. Knowing that made his heart jump from happiness.