»Chapter~17

I washed my face and hands in the sink and turned around to sit on the chair behind me, looking down at the pool of blood under my feet. His blood.

I stared back at the mirror intently as if wanting to change the reflection. To change myself back to when I was with her. With y/n.

What did I do just now? Am I monster?

I looked in my watch. It was 3 am.

I could see my reflection getting blurry in the mirror. As if I was... disappearing.

I was crying.

He deserved it. I said assuring myself.

He was the monster, not you. A voice said, deep inside my head.

What if I'm the real monster?

No, you are not. You punished him for his deeds.

Who am I to punish someone? I asked, shaking slightly.

You had swore not to back out.

Yes, I had promised her. My mother.

A tear escaped my eye.

I was ashamed of myself. I wanted to run away.

"AHHHHHHH." I screamed. My headache worsened.

I hated myself right now. I hated when I was like this. Sitting in the the dark corner of the room, I started crying softly.

"So weak." A familiar voice said in my head.

"SHUT UP!!!!" Clutching my head in my hands, I shouted on the top of my lungs.

"You have no right to say that!" I said. The voice went away.

I didn't like it when my past starts whispering in my head. It's like, he is again dragging me back into time.

"You should be strong Kookie." A soft voice whispered in my ear as if caressing me.
I could remember her warmth as if she was sitting right besides me.

I felt my heart beating faster. I could feel it drumming in my head.

I was a child again.

"I'll be strong mommy. I promise. He is not in my life anymore."

The voices in my head faded away and I started controlling my breathing. I closed my eyes and tried to calm down.

With that, I wiped my face and started walking down the dark hallway an eerie silence and ghastly presence engulfing me.

I secured the facility and walked back to my car.

It was 4 am.

I started to drive back to y/n's house trying forget what happened in last 5 hours. I sped up and reached in merely 25 minutes.

I was tried and just wanted to sleep and silently opened the door before quickly walking up the stairs to not make any noise.

I just wanted to see y/n one last time before I slept so I stealthily opened the door with a slight smile. But I scene which I saw in the room was a bit weird.

Y/n was tossing and turning in the bed as if she was uneasy.

I quitely stepped closer only to see her sweating profusely and recognised expressions of distress on the face. Her lips slightly shaking and quivering. She clenched her eyes and started waving her hands weirdly.

She was having a nightmare.

"Y/n?" I called out delicately patting her cheek.

She started breathing heavily.

I squatting down besides her I started shaking her vigorously, calling out her name a few more times.

She woke up quickly opening her eyes and looking around the room frantically.

"Bad dream?" I asked her soothing her back gently.

Thanks heavens she had changed that outfit.

"Yeah" She responded.

"What are you doing here?" she questioned me.

"I just heard some weird noises coming from your room and came to check up on you. I saw you shaking weirdly in the bed. So I woke you up thinking it was I nightmare."

"Oh. Thanks. You should go and sleep again. Sorry for disturbing you, sir."

"No, it's alright. I am not even sleepy. Wanna talk about your dream?" I asked her taking her small palm into mine. She took it back. I frowned internally.

"No sir. It's really ok. I don't want to disturb you. Please go and rest." She said nervously as she pushed herself back onto the bed.

I rolled my eyes and handed her a glass of water sitting on the nightstand. She bowed her head thanking me and gulped down the water quickly.

I saw her throat moving deliciously while gulping down the water but I shifted that thought aside.

Now is not the time Jungkook, you horny fuck.

She placed the glass on the nightstand again and looked back at me apologetically. "Please sir. You should go now."

"Shut up." I said and plopped down on the bed besides her. "Don't tell tell me what I should do." I fake glared at her. She seemed taken a back a bit.

I patted her head and said. "So, tell me about your dream." She sighed. "I was drowning in a river."

"Did you ever drown in a river? It must me PTSD."

"That's what creeping me out. I have no idea of me drowning in any kind of water resource. I've never drowned. And yet it felt so real as if it was my past memory." Y/n said as she let her shoulders down.

"Maybe it would be just a weird dream having no relation with your life."

"I don't know. I saw armed people in suits chasing me. And then it was like I had no other option so I just jumped in the river."

"Was it your first time or you see this dream often."

"Ever since I came to Seoul, it started getting worse. And I started seeing more weird dreams."

"Like?" I asked her.

"Like, I was a small small girl and was playing in a big house with someone. Fooling around with a boy of my age in a big garden. I seemed....very happy."

"D-do you remember the boy in y-your d-dreams?"

"No, I've never seen him. He is just a figment of my dreams. And that boy keeps on telling me that he likes me. And it felt as if..... I Iiked him too."

(A/n)-So, let me tell you Jungkook is not a psychopath or doesn't have any mental disorders. He just sometimes let his past take over him and then he starts getting a panic attack. And it happens very rarely. He just feels that his work is taking a toll on him and thinks he is starting to turn into a ruthless monster.

Btw....

Check out my other book!