51

Lydia bit her lip anixoulsy as she sat in her bedroom. She brushed her hair and gently pinned it back into a low ponytail. She left a few hairs hanging loosely down the side of the face. She was wearing a pair of blue jeans with the cuffs pulled up. A pair of white tennis shoes where on her feet and a white and navy blue striped blouse.

She stood up and made her way down the kitchen to where her mother was. Lydia raised her eyebrow but made no comment as her mother was having another alcoholic drink.

"You okay?" Lydia asked as she grabbed her juice from the fridge. 

Lucy turned to look at her daughter and raised her eyebrow. "No. I'm not okay darling. I'm...I'm so confused right now". She answered.

Lydia smiled sadly and nodded her head. "I understand. It's really crazy but we're a family and we will stick together". She whispered.

Lucy turned to look at Lydia. "Of course. Nothing will change how much I love you all. I..I just need answers that's all and some...some clarification that we will all be safe". She said. She placed her drink down and wrapped her arms around Lydia. "I love you so much". She whispered.

Lydia smiled sadly and wrapped her arms around her mother. "I love you too". She whispered back. 

Lucy smiled and pulled away. "Well I better get ready. Sam's already eaten, your dinner is in the oven in case you change your mind". She said.

Lydia nodded and watched as her mother made her way up the stairs. She sighed and made her way over to Sam. He was currently reading one of his comics. "You okay?" She asked.

He looked up at her and nodded his head. "Yeah I'm good. Just a bit nervous that mom is willing to have a bunch of vampires in the house with us. Are you okay? You never told me you and David broke up. What happened? Do I have to kick his ass?" He asked.

Lydia smiled and threw her arm around him. She pulled him in close and gently kissed his forehead. "I'm okay. We...we just broke up. It was a neutral decision. And no you don't have to kick his ass. I wouldn't want to see my ex being beaten up by my little brother now would I". She said. The two siblings burst out laughing.

Lydia smiled and gently played with his hair as she looked down at his comic. "What you reading?" She asked.

"Something about werewolves. Edgar gave it to me". He answered as he turned the page.

Lydia raised her eyebrow and smirked. "Is he trying to tell you there's werewolves in Santa Carla now?" She asked.

Sam snorted as he looked up at his sister. "There might be for all we know". He answered. She smiled and rested her head on the back of the sofa. 

"Sammy?" She asked.

He nodded and looked up at her. 

"If...what if mom decides that she wants to become a vampire. What will you do?" She asked.

He frowned for a moment. He closed his comic and turned to face his sister. "I...I haven't really thought of it. Maybe she won't want to turn....but then again she wouldn't want to leave Michael to be alone for all them years. I'm not sure. I don't want to be stuck in this body forever. I want to grow up first and live my life". He answered.

She smiled sadly and nodded her head.

"What about you?" He asked.

She bit her lip. She had it in her mind set that she wanted to become a vampire and she wanted to live forever. That was the reason her and David broke up. But she couldn't leave Sammy. If he decided he didn't want to become a vampire she was going to stay human so they could turn old together.

She opened her mouth to answer but the knocking at the door interrupted her. She looked up to see Lucy rushing down the stairs.

She turned to look at Sam both of their eyes wide.