28

Lydia smiled as she ran down the stairs for dinner. She sat at the long table and placed her hands on the table, her fingers were eagerly tapping waiting for food. Across from her sat Sam who looked at her with a solemn expression.

"Are you seeing David after dinner?" He asked. She let out a small sigh and nodded her head. "Yes Sammy you already know this". He raised his eye brow and muttered something under his breath.

Lydia looked at him and crossed her arms. "What was that?" She asked. He looked up and answered. "I don't think you should see him anymore he's dangerous". She let out a sigh and turned her head away.

"Will you stop Sammy. Please for me. I really like him and he likes me. I don't care that he's a vampire I really don't. And he's not dangerous like I said before he's like us". Sam rolled his eyes and looked up at their mother as she walked in with there dinner.

"Do you both still want me to drop you off after dinner?" Lucy asked. Sam nodded his head and started to dig into his food. Lydia rolled her eyes and muttered pig under her breath. Sam looked up and glared deeply at her. Her comment about his eating earned her a kick under neath the table.

"That would be lovely mom thank you". Lydia said glaring at Sam. Lucy nodded, not noticing the silent fight between her children. "I'm going out for dinner with Max again. It's the fourth time this week". She said, a huge smile was spread across her face. Lydia smiled whilst Sam rolled his eyes.

"I'm happy for you mom". She said. Lucy smiled and squeezed her daughters hand. Dinner was soon finished and they all made there way to the car. "You going to see the Frog brothers?" Lucy asked Sam. He nodded his head and looked out the window. "Yeah they said we could watch a movie on their TV. Cause you no we don't have one...at all". He sighed and crossed his arms.

Lucy and Lydia looked at each a smirk written on their faces. The drive to the broad walk seemed like a long one, but they finally got there. "Right you two take care and we will meet back at the car at 11pm okay?" Lucy asked. Her two children nodded there heads and gave there mother a hug goodbye.

Lydia walked Sam to the comic book store. "Take care of yourself". Sam said. Lydia rolled her eyes and pulled her brother into a tight hug. "I love you". She muttered before walking away.

She walked around the broad walk, looking everywhere for David and the gang. She saw Michael, Star and Laddie but she didn't want to distract them. She sighed and walked down to the beach. Hoping they would be down there.

She wrapped her arms around her body, shivering at the cold air. The only ones that where on the beach were the surfer nazis. She continued to walk as a few of them jeered at her.

She turned her head as she heard someone running up beside her. "Hey pretty lady". A man said. She rolled her eyes and turned back around to try and get of the beach. If she was up on the broadwalk away from them then maybe they would leave her alone.

"Hey I was talking to you". He said grabbing her arm. She let out a small cry at the sudden pain. She looked around to see at least five or six of them. All of them smiling in a creepy way. "I've seen you around on the broadwalk quite a few times and let me say I think you are one pretty little girl". Lydia tried to break out of his grasp as they all let out a laugh.

"I've also see you with that guy. David isn't it. Why go for a little boy like him when you can have a real man like me". He smiled darkly at her and pushed her back on the ground. "It's my turn first boys then you can have a go at her". He muttered, unbuckling his belt.

Lydia's eyes clamped shut. The fear had taken over her as she lay there on the sand. Unable to move. She expected to feel his weight on top of her but all she heard was screams.

The screams mixed with the screams from the rides so no one knew the wiser. She felt a pair of hands grab her face and when she opened them she was confronted with David's yellowy-gold eyes.