47

Lydia frowned when she woke up, her heart beating fast. She turned her head to see a drip in her arm. She looked around the room to see that she was in a hospital room. She frowned again and licked her bottom lip.

She sighed and shut her eyes. She couldn't remember anything that happened. She turned her head when she could hear a soft tapping on the window. She turned her head to see the luminous blonde hair that she always dreamed about.

The windows where forced open, the wind gushing in. "David". She muttered as she turned her head to look up at the ceiling.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

She clenched her jaw and shook her head.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

She turned her head to see him floating in the air, his eyes full of pain.

"My body hurts and my head. I can't remember what happened". She answered. She sighed and sat up in the bed, wincing at the pain.

"You can come in". She muttered.

She watched as he walked over to her, his cold leather gloves hand trailed softly down her face. "I'm so sorry". He muttered.

She shut her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Do you need a drink?" He asked.

She shook her head and looked down at her hands. "What happened?" She asked, her voice was so soft and so quiet it hurt David's ears.

"A group of men drugged your drink. You we're found in time before they.....before they could". He didn't finish his sentence as his fists clenched in rage.

Lydia shut her eyes again and sighed. Her whole body was in pain. "Did you kill them?" She asked.

David's jaw clenched. "We did". He answered.

Lydia nodded her head and turned to her side, her back to David.

"Why is my life so messed up?" She asked, tears forming in her eyes.

David moved forwards, his hand gently floating over her shoulder. He didn't know whether or not he should touch her, incase she retaliated.

"First my mom and dad break up, leaving my mom heartbroken and depressed. Then I have to leave all my friends to move here. The murder capital of the fucking world. I meet and fall in love with someone and what does he do? He kills my fucking dad and then tells me he won't turn me". She said.

"I won't turn you because I don't want you turning out like me". David said, his voice raised slightly.

"You won't or you don't want to. Which one is it David?" She shouted. She was sitting up now.

"I don't okay. I DON'T". He shouted.

"So you lied to me? When you said you see a future with me. That we would spend the rest of our lives together. You lied". She shouted.

She shook her head and turned to look at the wall.

"I want you to leave David". She muttered.

He walked towards her but she shook her head. "LEAVE". She screamed.

She lay down on the bed and covered her hands with her face. She cried, her body shaking as she cried uncontrollably.

David sighed and moved towards the window. He turned his to look at her one last time.

"I won't change you because I don't want you turning into the monster I am Lydia. I hope one day you'll understand that". He muttered.

When she looked up David was gone. The curtains flew around the place as the wind gushed in.

All that could be heard that night in that room was the sounds of the howling wind, and Lydia's anguished cries.