39

"What are you doing here?" Lucy asked.

Lydia's father stood there and looked down at the ground. "I've come to tell the children some important news". He answered.

Lucy scoffed and walked into the kitchen. Lydia looked down at the ground as she walked past him. "Get your brothers". Lucy said as she grabbed the bag from Lydia's hands.

Lydia nodded and made her way upstairs. She knocked on Michael's door first. "Mikey can I come in please?" She whispered. She heard a grunt which she knew was a yes.

She walked in and said. "Dads here". He frowned and stood up. "I knew I could smell someone. What the hell is he doing here?" He asked. She shrugged her shoulders and answered. "All he said was he needs to tell us something important". He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"You told Sammy yet?" He asked. They both jumped as Sam asked. "Told Sammy what?" They both turned to look at him. "Dad's here Sammy". Lydia said.

Sam frowned and crossed his arms. "Why?" He asked. Lydia sighed and wrapped her arms around him. "I don't know buddy. The quicker we get down there and find out the better". She muttered.

The three Emerson siblings walked down the stairs. They walked into the kitchen to see there father and mother sitting down. It reminded Lydia of the time they sat them down before school to tell them they where divorcing.

"Hey kids". He said smiling. They all sat down and nodded. "You don't look great Mike you okay?" He asked. Michael nodded and looked away.

"Sammy boy how are you?" He asked. Sam looked at him and clenched his fists.

Their dad nodded and clasped his hands together. "Right I'll get straight to the point. Me and Claire are getting married. She's also pregnant so you'll be having a baby sister or brother". He said smiling.

They all looked at him with different emotions. Michael with anger. Sam with confusion. Lucy with sadness and Lydia with disbelief.

"I also want you kids to come home. To live with the two of us. I want you to be apart of this family. I want you apart of the wedding". He said.

Michael shook his head. "There is no chance I'm living with you ever again". He muttered. Their dad shook his head. "Your not well Michael look at you. You haven't got any sun at all. Your mother is obviously not capable of looking after you".

It all happened in a sudden movement. Michael had his father gripped by the neck. "Don't you dare talk about my mother like that. She is a better parent then you will ever be. Now get out of this house".

He let him go and watched as he ran out. "Michael". Lucy said tears in her eyes. She stood up and pulled all her children into a hug. "I'm so sorry". She whispered.

Lydia shook her head and said. "It's not your fault mom. It's him it was always him". Lucy smiled sadly and pulled away.

"Right you kids better be going to the broadwalk don't want to be late do you? I heard there's a good band on tonight". She said. Lydia frowned and said. "I don't mind staying with you". Lucy shook her head.

"No go out and have fun". She smiled as she watched her children walk out. A few minutes later the door opened again. She smiled sadly and truly let her tears fall.

"Oh dad". She cried as she engulfed him into a hug.