35

Lydia bit her lip anxiously. She paced around, her heels digging into the carpet of her bedroom floor. Tonight was the night. David and the boys where coming over for dinner.

She was anxious to see what there behaviour would be like. She was also anxious of how her mother would act. She knew that Lucy was making one of her most famous dinners.

There was a soft knock on the door. Lydia's head turned to see Lucy's head popping in. "Hey love you look lovely". Lydia smiled at her mother and looked at her reflection in the mirror.

She was wearing a blood red knee length dress that fitted her body perfectly. The sleeves where just above her elbows. She wore a small silver necklace that her grandmother had brought her. On her feet where black heels. Her hair was wrapped tightly into a bun.

"You mind giving me a hand down stairs?" Lucy asked, breaking her daughter from her thoughts. Lydia nodded and followed her mother down the stairs. Lucy opted a dark navy blue dress. It contrasted well with her skin tone and eyes.

"You can just dress the table, I'm going to check on the dinner". Lydia nodded and smiled. "It's smells good mom". Lucy smiled and walked away, the tap of her heels was the only thing to be heard.

After the table was set Michael and Sam came down the stairs. Sam flopped in his seat and whined loudly. "Is dinner ready yet". Both Michael and Lydia rolled there eyes. "In a few minutes sweetheart". Lucy said coming in from the kitchen.

At that precise moment the doorbell rang. "I'll get it". Lydia said rushing towards the door. She bit her lip and opened the door. A huge smile spreading on her face. "Hi". She whispered. David smirked slightly at her and said. "You looked beautiful".

Marko and Paul both rolled there eyes and said. "Hi Lydia can we come in please". She smiled at them and moved out the way. "Please come in". They all made there way inside, there eyes drifting around the decor.

"Nice place". Dwayne said, his eyebrow raising now and then.

Lucy walked out with her usual smile. "Hello boys". She said. They all turned to look at her. "Hello Mrs Emerson". Paul said. He nudged Marko to go forwards. "Hello Mrs Emerson these are for you". He said handing her a bunch of roses.

Her smile widened as she looked at the boys. "Oh you didn't have to do that. Thank you". She ushered the boys into the dining area. "My father would be here but he has a date". She muttered rolling her eyes.

"I'll be back in a moment I just want to get a vase for these beautiful flowers". David and the others smiled as they watched her rush to the kitchen. "She's nice". David said grabbing Lydia's hand. He pulled her in for a small kiss.

"Urgh I'm helping mom with dinner". Sam muttered, rushing of to the kitchen. Michael rolled his eyes and sat down. "How are you Michael?" Dwayne asked. He nodded his head and muttered. "I'm good, just tired and...". He went silent for a moment.

"And what?" David asked, his arm now wrapped around Lydia's waist. "Hungry". Michael whispered. There heads shot up as Sam and Lucy walked back in. "Please take a seat". She said. A huge dish was in her hands. After she served everyone there dinner she sat down with a smile on her face.

"Where are my manners". She muttered shaking her head. "I'm Lucy". She said smiling. Marko smiled widely and grabbed her hand. "I'm Marko". She smiled and turned to the others. Once they introduced themselves they all began to eat.

"This is really good Mrs E". Paul said, a nodding Marko beside him. She smiled and said. "Mrs E I like that". The dinner consisted of her getting to know the boys. They told her that they all left school and where working in the neighbouring town, that is why they where never around during the day.

The Emerson children held there smirks at the story but Lucy believed them. After dinner she served desert. "So how long have you boys lived here?" She asked. They all looked at each other and waited for David to answer.

"For years, we were born here". Lucy smiled and nodded her head. After they all ate, Lucy made her way into the kitchen. "I'll help you". Dwayne said. Lydia turned to look at David and smiled. "I think she likes you". She whispered, giving him a small kiss. David smiled and deepened the kiss. He pulled away and pulled her in close. Her head, resting on his chest.

"Good because I really like her".