somethings wrong with Michael

Lydia woke up the next morning and sighed. She sat up in her bed and opened her door. She frowned when she saw Sam looking into Michael's room. "What are you doing?" She asked standing behind him. "There's something wrong with Michael". He muttered. She sighed and pushed open the door. She frowned and looked at her older brother. He was lying on his back, sprawled out. He was wearing his clothes from the night before and his shoes where still on. Lydia shook her head and pushed Sam out of the room.

"Well he probably drank to much with his new friends" she muttered making her way down the stairs. She smiled at Nanook as he waited down the stairs for them, his tail gently wagging. Lydia and Sam walked into the kitchen and smiled at there mother as she was dishing out breakfast. "Is your brother up?" She asked. Sam shook his head and answered with a mouthfull of bacon. "Nope still asleep". Lucy sighed at her youngest son and turned to her daughter. "I'm heading into town, I'm starting my new job. You both can come in with me and you can have a proper look around in the daylight". Lydia nodded her head and asked. "Where's your new job?" 

Lucy smiled and answered. "It's at a video store. I met the manager Max last night. He's a lovely man". Lydia smiled at her mom and nodded her head. Lydia finshed her breakfast and ran up stairs. She changed into a pair of jeans and a vest. She slipped on her shoes and rushed down stairs. She pulled her hair out of her plait and ran her fingers through it. "You ready?" She asked Sam. He nodded his head and followed his sister and mother.

The journey into the town seemed so much quicker then it did the night before. "Alright, I'll see you kids later". Lucy said giving her two children a kiss each. Lydia smiled at her mother and followed her brother. "AWW the comic book store is closed. It doesn't open until six". He said sighing. Lydia rolled her eyes and muttered. "Oh well". She walked down towards the beach and sat down on a bench. Sam joined her and sighed. "I'm bored". He muttered. She gently shoved him and muttered. "Thank's I didn't no I was that boring". 

He looked up at her and smiled widely. "Can we go for some food". She rolled her eyes, even though he just ate her brother could eat even more. She had to admitt she was hungry to. They walked into a burger place and ordered there food. They sat down on some stools and ate. "Do you think we will ever go home?" Sam asked quietly. He was looking down at his fries. Lydia smiled sadly and squeezed his knee. "Maybe one day". She whispered. He nodded his head and continued to eat.

It was about mid day, the amusement area did't open until six so they hadn't much to do. "Wanna visit mom?" Lydia asked. Sam nodded his head and followed his sister. They entered the video store. "Oh hi kid's" Lucy said a massive smile was spread on her face. She turned to her co worker and said. "These are two out of three of my kids. Lydia and Sam. Michael is still at home". There mother's co worker smiled at them and introduced herself as Maria. "How is your day going?" Lucy asked. Sam shrugged and answered. "I want to go home". Lucy nodded and looked at Lydia. "It's good mom, how's your day going?" 

Lucy smiled widely and replied. "It's good, I've been asked to stay until nine. I know it's long but I'm getting money. Also I get to see Max". A small blush forming on her face. Lydia smiled widely, she hadn't seen her mother smile this much in years. "I better get this one home. He want's to come out later to go to the comic book store again". Lydia muttered. Lucy smiled and gave her daughter a kiss on the forehead. She smoothed out her hair and gently whispered. "I really don't know what i'd do without you. Your my precious beautiful little girl". Lydia smiled and gave her mom a small hug. "You get going now sweetie, I'll see you later". Lydia nodded her head and said. "I'll come in and visit you again". Lucy nodded and watched as her two children walked away.

The walk back to the house was a fun one. Lydia and Sam told each other funny jokes to keep the energy levels up. Lydia wrapped her arm around Sam and pulled him into her. "Just give this place a chance Sammy, you never know you might end up liking it". She whispered. Sam looked up at her and sighed. His sister had a way with people, where she could talk them down and make them feel comfortable. They reached the house and waved to there grandfather as he left in his strange truck.

They entered the house and stopped still as they saw Michael sitting in the kitchen. They both looked at each other and frowned. He was wearing sunglasses in the house. Lydia smirked and thought. 'It must of been some night'.