29

"Lydia, baby". David muttered.

His eyes slowly transformed back to there natural colour. His hands where still placed on her cheeks, giving her a sense of comfort.

She looked up at the others to see them slowly transforming back into there normal selves. Her eyes drifted from there blood, crusted mouths to the dead bodies that lay on the ground.

"Get rid of the bodies". Was all David said. They nodded there heads and gave one final glance towards Lydia before disappearing.

"Lydia". David said again. His voice was a bit higher this time. Her eyes drifted back to his and a single tear fell down her face. "I'm sorry". He muttered.

She looked at his mouth where the blood was splattered. More tears formed in her eyes. She jumped back in shock as David quickly moved away from her. He shook his head and ran his fingers through his hair.

"They where right". He muttered. She frowned and looked up at him. "I'm sorry you had to see that Lydia but I couldn't let him harm you. I could hear you inside my head". He muttered. His finger prodding his skull. He continued.

"You where calling out to me. Asking for help. But now......now I've shown you my true nature. I am a monster. Your brothers are right Lydia. From now on I'll leave you alone". He looked at her with a expression so heartbreaking she burst into tears.

When her eyes opened David was gone.