37

Lydia turned in her sleep and smiled as David's arms were wrapped tighter around her. "I better be going". She whispered to him. David let out a small sigh before opening his eyes.

"Be careful okay". He muttered. Lydia smiled and gently place a kiss on his lips. "I will see you later". David nodded and watched as she slipped through the sheets.

His right arm was rested under his head. He sighed and gently rubbed his face. He knew he should be with the boys, sleeping in their cave. But when he was with Lydia, he enjoyed the feeling of sleeping on a bed again.

There was something about Lydia that made him feel human again.

Lydia slipped into the house before anyone woke up. She smiled and flopped down on her bed.

There was something about David that made her feel so alive. He was the person that gave her that energy.

She bit her lip and turned to the side. She knew Lucy would be up soon. If she asked she would say that she got in a bit late and that she didn't want to wake everyone.

She knew her mother would of most likely panicked if she knew she stayed with David again.

She turned around again and smiled.

She really was enjoying her stay in Santa Carla.

It was around 11 am when she finally woke up. She pulled on a pair of jeans and a jumper.

She skipped down the stairs and smiled when she saw her mother and Grandfather in the kitchen.

"I never heard you coming in last night". Lucy said as she grabbed another mug.

Lydia sat down beside her grandfather and said. "I tried being really quiet so I didn't wake anyone". She smiled as Lucy placed a hot mug of coffee in front of her.

"Any plans today?" Lucy asked sipping her coffee.

Lydia answered. "I'm going to the boardwalk later tonight but I know you have the morning and afternoon off so I was wondering if you'd like to do anything".

Lucy smiled widely at her daughter and said. "Well, I was going to head into town to do some grocery shopping so you can come with me if you like. We could find a coffee shop to and have a mother, daughter chat".

Lydia nodded and smiled. "Sounds like a plan".