33

A few days had passed and it was like a pure bliss.

At this current moment Lydia was going for her current morning jog. She was behind on her usual jogs so she was trying to catch up.

Her long hair gently swaying as she ran. She stopped when she saw Henry walking out of his house. He smiled widely when he saw her. "Hey you". She said walking towards him.

"You okay?" He asked. She nodded her head and smiled. "I'm all good thank you how are you?" He nodded his head and replied. "I'm great thanks. Just going for a walk and then maybe hit the broadwalk during the day". She nodded and smiled warmly.

"Nice". She replied. He smiled and asked. "How are you and your boyfriend. I saw the two of you together the other day and I didn't want to disturb you". He asked. Another smile was spread across Lydia's face at the mention of David.

"We're good thank you. I'm seeing him tonight". He smiled and nodded. "How are you and your girlfriend?" He smiled and nodded his head. "Yeah she's good. She said she's hopefully coming up this weekend. You should meet her. Maybe bring your boyfriend along". Lydia nodded and said. "It will have to be during the night. He usually works during the day".

Henry nodded and said. "I'll let you get back to your jog. I'll see you later". She smiled and watched as he walked off the other way.

Lydia let out a small sigh and turned back to go home. The jog was nice and tranquil.

When she returned home Lucy was already up. She was sitting at the table with the paper and a cup of coffee in her hands. "Oh hello love, your up early". Lucy said looking up from the paper.

Lydia smiled and poured herself a coffee. "Yeah I went for a jog. We have the weather for it so I thought why not". Lucy smiled and watched as her daughter sat across from her.

"How are you dear?" She asked. Lydia smiled and looked down at her mug. "I'm good thank you. I actually really starting to enjoy it here". Lucy smiled and moved a bit closer. "It doesn't have to do with a certain blonde does it?"

Lydia snorted and a smile formed on her face. Her cheeks had started to go red. "Maybe, I really like him. He makes me feel special. His friends are really nice too. I think that some people just give them a bad rep but there really nice. I've made another friend too called Henry. He only lives a few houses away". Lucy smiled and sat back in her seat.

"I'm really happy for you dear. I can see that your getting happier here and I'm glad the boys are finally fitting in. Maybe we can have your friends over for dinner one of the nights so I can actually meet them". Lydia smiled and nodded her head. "I think that will be nice. How are you and Max?"

Lucy's pale cheeks began to become rosey. "We're good. I really do like him Lydia. I know this is terrible of me to say but I feel that with Max I have this real connection. Something that I sadly never had with your father". Lydia smiled and moved forwards to grab her mother's hand.

"I'm happy for you mom. If Max makes you happy then that makes me happy. You really deserve this. I hope you know I love you". Lucy's eyes became to form with tears. "I love you more sweetheart. Now how about you help me make some pancakes for breakfast?"