43

Lydia frowned when her mother dropped a plate on the ground. "Mom, what is it?" She asked as she ran into the kitchen.

She turned to her daughter in a state of shock. "Mom?" She asked. By this stage, Sam had come running it with Nanook behind him.

"It....it's your father". She said. Sam and Lydia both frowned. "What about him?" She asked.

"He's dead". She answered.

Lydia looked at Sam in a state of shock. "I'm so sorry kids". Lucy said.

Lydia shook her head and ran up to her room slamming the door shut. She turned her radio on and flopped on the bed, tears streaming down her face.

He may have done things in the past but at the end of the day it was her father and she still loved him.

It was a few hours later when there was a small knock on the door. Lydia sat up and watched as Lucy walked in with two mugs.

"Hey, sweetheart". She said softly. She smiled at her mom and made room for her to sit down. "Sam and Michael have both gone out. I'm gonna head to work soon and I was wondering if you wanted a ride to the Broadwalk". She said.

Lydia sipped her tea and shook her head. "No thank you, mom. I might stay in for the night". She said.

Lydia nodded and moved Lydia's hair from her face. "Only if your sure love. I'm so sorry about your father. I know things were hard between us all and things were said but you know deep down he loved you all so much". She muttered softly.

Lydia nodded her head and smiled at her mom. "I better be off, Max wants a staff meeting. If you need me at all call the store and I'll be straight home". Lucy said as she planted a kiss on Lydia's head.

She nodded and watched as her mother rushed out of her room.

She sighed and heard the car door slam. The engine started and she knew she was left alone.

She made her way to the bathroom and stripped of her clothing. She sighed as the hot water pelted her skin. She shut her eyes as the water from the shower and her tears combined.

When she was finished she dried herself off. She wrapped her towel around her body and made her way to her room. Her eyes went straight to the window as she looked at David who was sitting on the ledge.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

She started to dress her bed. "Why do you can kill me like you killed my father?" She asked. She threw her pillow down and held her towel tight to her body. She looked up at David and sighed.

"Please let me in so I can explain. You know I'd never hurt you". He pleaded. She turned around and sighed. "Fine. You can come in". She said.

She shivered as she felt his fingers trace her bareback. "I'm sorry Lydia I really am. He...he didn't deserve to treat you the way he did. You're too special for that". He said.

She turned around, tears dripping down her cheeks.

"He was my father David. My dad. Did you think about how I would have felt instead of being so goddamn angry all the time"? She screamed.

She let out a small gasp as David used his superhuman strength to slam her against her door. His two hands were placed above her head. "He deserved it. We heard him talking when you left. He was saying he was going to take you and the boys from your mother and leave her dry". He said.

She looked up at him with tears in her eyes. "No". She said shaking her head.

"Yes". David said softly, his hands moving to her cheeks. He sighed and pulled her in for a kiss. "I'm so sorry for hurting you. I'd do anything to make you not hurt Lydia". He muttered.

She sighed and rested her hands on his cheeks. "I'm still mad at you David. But I still love you". She sighed as she kissed him.

He ripped the towel from her body and moved them to the bed. Lydia let out a small sigh as he kissed her neck. She grabbed his face and looked at him in the eye.

"Turn me". She whispered.