48

Lydia was finally allowed to go home. She rested her head on the window as Lucy drove them back to the family's house.

Lydia nibbles at the dead skin on her lip, her eyes watching as the world buzzed past her.

"Are you hungry?" Lucy asked.

Lydia shook her head, her eyes shutting. Lucy smiled sadly at her daughter and continued to drive. She slowly pulled up outside the house, her eyes landing on Sam as he was standing outside with Nanook by his side.

Lydia opened her door and smiled as her younger brother wrapped his arms around her. "I've missed you". He cried. Lydia gently played with his hair softly, her back leaning on the car. "Missed you too buddy". She whispered.

She smiled down at him and wrapped her arm around him as they walked into the house. "There you are". Her grandfather said as he pulled her in for a hug. Lydia smiled, she was happy she had her family with her.

"Go and have a little sleep upstairs, I'll bring you up a hot cup of coffee and then when your hungry I'll bring you some food". Lucy said.

Lydia nodded her head and smiled as Sam and Nanook where hot on her heels. "I'm okay Sammy". She said smiling.

"Michael's transitioned into a full vampire". He suddenly said.

Lydia frowned and turned to look at her brother. "What?" She asked.

He nodded and ushered her into her room. She sat down on her bed and watched as her brother shut the door.

"He...he killed someone and now he's changed. It happened last night". He answered.

Lydia frowned even more and let out a loud sigh. She rubbed her face and lay down on her bed. She tapped the side for Sam to lay beside her.

"It's going to be okay Sammy. I'll protect you". She whispered.