Chapter 12

Arielle

Angelo holds my arm gently as I step down from the stairs. People are glaring at me—I am new to them. My lips are plastered in a warm smile. Antonio approaches near us when his landed on us. Angelo drags me forward in order for Antonio to hold me. My soon to be heartless husband places his hand into mine, I gaze at him and catch he glancing toward me, I feel my cheeks go hot and I'm sure it must be pink.

"I'll introduce you." He mutters before leading me to what seems like a stage.

I can feel the eyes of the crowd darting at us. Antonio takes out an engagement ring from his pocket. "Don't expect me to drop on my knees." He whispers near my ear with a smirk. People might believe he whispered something like sweet nothings but this was the most cruelest thing I've ever heard. He could have at least pretended...

I beam at him then bring my hand forward, he grasps it and his fingers touched mine. I perceive the crowd acclaim in merriment when Antonio slides the ring on my finger. I glance at the glimming diamond on my finger—this was supposed to be romantic and bound with the feeling of fondness yet, it endures as if I am capitulating myself into the devil's arms.

Lifting my hand Antonio tries to show off the ring to all the person present at Leon Mansion. "Ladies and gentlemen, thanks for your sincere presence for this precious event of my life. I know this is happening too soon but yeah I am marrying Arielle Ricci. Daughter of New York's Capo." He pauses and there is a round of applause, whistles and cheering. "The wedding invitation will be delivered to you all within the week and it will be a great pleasure of having your attendance in the honour of our marriage. Carry on with the party."

Antonio is still holding my hand and he helps me to get down the stairs. This feels awkward to me, I am not used of having someone holding me for a bunch of minutes and in this throng he is being clingy—he is not showing any of his emotions.

"I can feel the result how you are captivating me under your grips." I tell him with gritted teeth.

He chuckles, "I'll own you." He looks at me with an intimidating eyes and there are some lines appearing on his forehead.

"In your jubilant thoughts." My wicked hatred makes me give him a wild look.

"Someday you'll thank me for buying you. The outcome will be ingeniously thankful. I give you my words." One of his brows ticks in a sexy way then he let go of my hand and proceed forward through the crowd.

Why does he believe that I will be delighted apropos possessing him? This is his wildest dreams. I will never love him all I have for him might be hatred. I will guide him to right path of Rey de la Mafia but the consequences of the future will never have me loving him. I can't fall for him.

The optimism regarding falling for Antonio Giordano can truly take my life in return and I don't want Antonio to murder me. The horror of betraying the Giordanos gives me bolting adrenaline now that I am engaged to him indulge me on having scarier senses toward him.