Chapter 25

Arielle

All I’ve ever had was the kiss at our wedding and that was simple. This...this was hunger. Passionate hunger and as my mouth falls open his tongue sweeps in and causes me to moan. His arms wrap tighter around me and he lifts me up, my legs wrap around his hips and only then does he move us toward the bed.

The soft cotton material of the comfort hits my back and Antonio hovers over me. His lips move from my lips to my neck sucking and nibbling at the sensitive skin at the line where my neck and shoulder meets. My hands find his back and I let my nails dig into his skin. His strongly scarred skin. Scars from knives and bullet wounds…

He’s a killer.

I gently push on his chest and Antonio pulls back to gaze me in the eyes. He gives me a confused look. His breathing is erratic and his dark eyes are dilated and filled with lust. Not to mention the tent formed in the boxers tells me he was hoping this would go somewhere that I know I’m not ready for.

“I’m sorry,” I shake my head. “I-I...I can’t,” I frown.

Antonio’s jaw ticks and a wave of frustrations sends him flying off the bed. He runs his hands through his wet dark curls and then rubs harshly at his face. Just when he looks defeated, he turns his emotions upside and points his finger viciously at me. “You,” he growls. “You are my wife. That means you are my property and it is our wedding night, I expect you to act like a grown woman and do what is expected of you.”

My mouth hangs open but all I can manage to say is “I-I…”

“Fuck!” He shouts and kicks over a chair. “I thought...I thought we were—” he clenches his fists and takes a deep breath. “Fine. Fine.”

“What do you mean fine?” I gulp.

“You don’t want to, then I’m not going to force you,” he crawls into bed and turns off the bedside lamp signifying he’s going to sleep.

Still speechless I want to grab his shoulder, make him look at me and apologize. But why should I apologize? And what for?

I turn off the lamp on my side and crawl under the covers. Staring off into darkness feels...strange. I feel lonely despite the body next to me and feel a pain in the center of my chest.

All I had in mind was he is a Capo and my husband. He promised of not loving me but atleast I can do what he is asking me to.

Under the covers I grab his body rolling him so he lays in his back, I crawl on top of him so our bodies are pressed together. The feel of him underneath me...frightens and excites me. I bring my lips to his neck like he did to mine hoping he’ll find the same pleasure I found. His hands tighten on the back of my nightgown and I feel him harden against my thigh.

“Arielle,” his voice is guttural.

“We should...probably consummate our marriage,” I swallow hard.

Antonio’s eyes bore into mine looking for any signs of uncertainty. I hide it as best as I can as I bite my bottom lip and pray it’ll be over quick.

“You’re sure? Because once we start, there’s no going back,” the rumbling vibrations of his deep voice as he talks against the skin on my neck sends electricity down to my core.

I nod handing myself over to the lust-filled devil.