Chapter 56

Arielle

"Antonio warned me back at Verona mansion, he said if something happened to him take you back to Chicago." Hazel clears her running nose.

"He can't be dead." I shake my head then bury my face on my palm.

"Hey. You are pregnant. Stop crying." Bella puts her hand around my shoulder. "How's our little baby doing?" She asks with a half smile. She is probably attempting to distract me, but I can't.

"She's fine." I mumble as I sniff.

"It's a girl." Hazel giggle while sobbing and I half smile with a nod. "It was hard for me to hide about my pregnancy, but I didn't have other choice."

"It's fine." Hazel squeezes my hand.

Riccardo pulls the car in front of the jet. He opens the door for us, and we stride off. He escorts me to the plane sooner as possible. We climb the dozens of stairs then we entered inside.

"Ary. You are a brave woman. I've known you more than anyone else..." he sighs then beams. I watch his glimmering eyes. "Antonio will be fine. Your love will bring him back." He sounds more like whispering.

"I know he's going to be fine." I mutter as I attempt to hold back my tears.

"My duty ends here..." he bows his head in front of me and I watch him with stitches brows.

"No, it's not."

He smiles with a nod, "remember I vowed to protect you from every obstacle. Today I vowed to protect my boss. Antonio needs me."

"Don't sound like this is our last meeting." I hit my knuckles on his chest, and he chuckles. "Death is always sudden. Even when it isn't."

I pull him into a tight hug. Burying my face on his chest I let my tears leak from my eyes. "I won't be able to endure the loss of my bodyguard—best friend. Promise me you'll be back."

"I'll try my best to be back, princess." He places a kiss on my head. "You need to be strong for the sake of this baby." I nod my head. "When you'll land to Chicago, Antonio's men will be picking you. Head straight to the penthouse and stay in till you don't get a phone call from us." He says.

"Yeah."

"Angelo will be fine too. He will fight for the things he deserves. New York belongs to him. Its justice time." He pulls apart from our hug and I sense his departure, I shudder. I don't want him dead. Why everything is showing me people's death. I need my precious persons.

"Goodbye, Ary." He waves at me.

"Bye, Ric."

Tear brims on his eyes as he turns his face with a half smile. I wait for him to walk away then I burst into tears. I can already feel miserable, what will happen if Antonio doesn't come back? Not only that, but I need each of them to be safe, Rocco, Riccardo and Angelo. These four men are the precious gems to my heart. Without them life will be a living hell.

The flight is silent as Bella and Hazel has dozed off. We've been forcing ourselves to sleep, it's hard to fall asleep. Whenever I'm closing my eyes I'm seeing blood scattered over Antonio's body, and it hurts. My stomach feels sick, I feel nausea. His wound was too deep somehow I should probably put in mind that its impossible for him to be back again. If ever he doesn't return, I will have to be strong and raise our child.

I will not let the baby have the same life as Antonio or me, I will move to an island where people lives in harmony, nothing will happen to my daughter. If I break down now I will not raise again. Antonio might have been cruel for our entire married life, but somehow I got used of him and I always wanted him to be around. I felt safe near him.

I wish I am dreaming—but this is the reality, me without Antonio.

Tears leak from my eyes and I feel like I'm already dead. I've witnessed my husband being shot in front of my eyes. He confessed he loved me, and it all went blank under a blink. He was a hero and will always remain my hero. This man has done too many things for me, from buying me to end up his life for me—he completely owned me.

The respect I have earned for Antonio Giordano will never decrease. The love I've saved for him will never fade until he comes to me.

I palm my stomach and gaze at the little bump, "we'll be fine. A strong man has his eyes for us, and I'm sure he will be back for us, angel daughter." I murmur.