Chapter 13

Arielle

It's the end of the party and people are darting toward the door. I see Antonio is talking to some people, saying goodbye and thanks. These will be the faces attending the wedding. I am the kind of tired from all the jostle and jamboree regarding the party. I've talked to a bunch of people and Antonio has introduced me to some of his rivals, crime partners and under bosses.

Arabella grabs my hand, "wow you look stunning." A smile appears on my face when I hear her voice, having Hazel and Arabella gives me the faith of not being alone.

"Thank you. Grateful for the dress." I admire the grey glittering beautiful dress I am wearing and Antonio is the one who brought it for me.

"You are the reason of the luminous dress." She gives me a glance from head to toe. "You should be grateful of having Antonio as your fiancé."

"Marrying him will never lead a radiant life." I say in a low pitch.

"Antonio is not the kind of man which you have in mind. He is way too caring and responsible. I know love is a sign of weakness but I can assure you that he will give you all the respect you deserve to have." I watch the glint in her eyes which indicates pain—I don't know her story yet I can say she's gone through a lot before I met her. "Have you heard this saying. Respect is one of the greatest expressions of love. Whoever wrote it must have felt it. If you keep these words in mind then weakness will be considered as a word not the part of Mafia life. Change it Arielle." The smile on her lips fades and the leakage of tears from her eyes almost melt my heart. What is her past?

"Bella." Hazel calls out while rushing toward us with a smile on her face.

In a blink Arabella wipes the tears from her eyes. "Yeah, sweetheart." She drags her attention toward her sister.

"Was searching for you." Hazel shakes her head with breathless smile. "Hey, Arielle. You were the queen of the party. I've heard great things about you from the crowd." She giggles, "I like to eavesdrop." She laughs.

"What you've heard about me?" I grin.

"About being beautiful and lucky."

"Lucky?" I ask with stitches brows.

"Yeah. You are the luckiest girl here. Marrying a Giordano is an honor. You know how many girls are jealous of you right now, wishing they could have taken your spot."

I sigh, "I wish they were in my place." I whisper.

"No." Hazel shakes her head and gazes me with a serious eyes. "You deserve my cousin." She points at me with her index finger. "You two will make an attractive couple." A smile curves on her lips. "My best shipping of Chicago featuring Antonio and Arielle."

I can't understand why they are all so delighted of my relationship with and Antonio. Nothing will last till the end. This is a deal. The business deal of me being sold to Mr. Giordano. People don't know about this part behind our happy faces. If this news leaks then we are doomed—I will be doomed with no respect and life status.

Things might stay safe if the deal stays between Antonio and me and it will be better if I begin to live more like his wife than pretending to be one. Point of view is precious—everyone has a different point of view and I want us to be pictured happy to the same focal point.