Chapter 35

Arielle

Luca slides the diamond ring in Hazel's finger. The crowd applaud cheerfully. My eyes flickers to Antonio he has his hand in his pocket wearing an arrogant look on his face. He gazes at the newly engaged couple with severe abhorrence—especially Luca. He is not happy with this arrangement.

Angelo approaches beside me, "did you get it?" He asks with coarse voice.

"It disappeared. I met Vlas in the way to the library. Do you think he took it?"

"Fuck. Of course its him." Angelo curses something under his breath. His fists turns into a ball. His jaw clenched.

"Now what, Angelo?" I mumble.

"We'll discuss this later." He gives me an assuring look and I nod my head.

"Gentleman." Vlas appears in front of us. He gives us a crooked smile. "How are you doing?" He speaks with his arousing Russian accent.

"What do you want, Vlas?" Angelo asks with gritted teeth.

"I don't ask for what I want. I conquer what I need." He chuckles, "you know my desires, mate."

Angelo stares Vlas with a daring gaze. In a swift the entire mansion goes blank and the sound of gun firing embrace the atmosphere. Adrenaline rushes through my body, the light goes off and I can barely see something all I can hear is the dreadful screaming of people.

I hear Antonio's voice, he shouts, "close the main door!"

I try to search for him but I can't spot him in this crowd. Most people has already freed themselves while rushing outside. The gun firing is increasing, with this amiss violence I guess abundant human must be dead.

As I proceed forward to search for a way to hide myself from the darting bullets, I step on previous corpses which are laying on the floor.

"Arielle." The breathless voice of Antonio reaches me. A hand wraps around my waist and leads me toward the back door. Under the dim light my eyes landed on Antonio, there are sheds of blood over his face. He clutches me to his side with a possessive grip.

As we reach outside Antonio gazes at me carefully, searching for bruises on me and a calmness runs through him when he assures himself I am fine.

"Antonio." I whisper gazing into his eyes, all I see are, rage, responsibilities and concerns for me.

"Everything will be fine." He sounds like he is trying to reassure himself not me.

I nod my head. I hold his hand firmly and a glint of tears leaks from my eyes. "Chicago needs you." I squeeze his hand. "Go inside, Antonio." I loosen my grip on his hand.

Removing his hand from mine, he sighs, "Riccardo will take you home." He motions toward the black car waiting some distance away from where we are standing.

Riccardo gets off from the car, he has a gun in his hand. Antonio gestures something to him and he nods his head in acceptance. Ric reaches for me the leads me toward the car. My steps halts in order to glance at Antonio.

"Be careful." I half smile and he turns toward the door and rushes inside.

Riccardo opens the passenger door for me. The entire ride was silent and it feels odd to return home without Antonio. Violence was dwelling admist every part of Leon Mansion. Its extremely risky to stop the fight.

Who started the war?