Chapter 27

Arielle

This morning I woke up with Antonio missing from the hotel suit. What else did I expected from him. He is a monster, I should've controlled myself last night and not approached him. I feel like crying, I am holding up all my emotions and its being hard for me to accept the fact that Antonio will never love me.

Now that I am married to him, it feels like everything is shattered—not like I loved the life I had before...

It's too complicated to face this situation and I barely have any idea what to do. This will get creepy. I know marrying Antonio Giordano is not a happy ending. There would never have blooming feelings admist us and it shatters my heart to recollect about what he always tells me—love is weakness.

Maybe I should accept the reality and move on with my life. But I don't know what I running through Antonio's mind. What he must be thinking to do with me according his point of view?

Riccardo pushed open the door of the suit with a dead expression on his face. "Mr. Giordano got some important tasks to complete. He wants you to return home." He holds his hand together.

"Take me to my brother's place." I say while collecting my belongings from the couch. I slide my phone on my handbag and put on my watch around my wrist.

"But...Sir said," he was talking when I cut him. "I ordered you to take me to my brother's place." My teeth grits when I talked to him and he nods his head in acceptance.

Wow, my dear husband is not sorry at all for ruining our honeymoon. I don't want to talk to him. He is a devil. I hate him. I ample to the hotel's corridor and Riccardo follows me from behind with my luggage.

The ride to Angelo's penthouse was quiet. When we arrived to Angelo's house. I order Riccardo to stay in the living room and I rush to Angelo's bedroom.

"Arielle?" He gives me a shocking look.

"Hey. How are you doing?" I approach to his bedside.

He sits up and leans his back on the board. "What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be with your husband carrying on with the honeymoon?"

I sit next to him and holds his palm into mine. I sigh and gaze at him into the eyes. I notice some of the heeling bruises on his face.

"Having a husband in mafia is annoying. He got shit to handle." I scoff.

"Did something happened?"

I nod my head. "Yeah." I stare him. "He will never fall for me, Angelo."

"That's what mafia life is, little sister." Angelo smirks. "In the future I don't know if I will he able to love someone too. It will be kind of difficult." His expression shifts from dread to cold.

"I understand." I nod with a half smile. "Have you heard about Hazel and Luca?"

His brows knits together and glance at me with confusion, "what?"

"You were in hospital when all this happened. Hazel and Luca's wedding has been fixed." I startle. "I wish she would have married you instead."

"Why?" He mumbles.

"Luca is a monster. Hazel will be the perfect match for you."

He sighs.

"Can you do something to stop their wedding?"

"I'll try." He holds my hand firmly. "I don't promise because dealing with Marco and Luca won't be easy." He blinks at me and presses his lips together.

"Thank you for giving it a try."

I could not saved mine. I will do anything from letting Hazel walk in hell.