Chapter 51

ARIELLE

The evening is quite impressive, I’ve never been to the beach splurge ever. This is the first time for me to party in the sandy night beach. This downfall feels extremely amazing to stride along the endless sand on the beach. The breezy air has lighten the ambience. Clutching the warm and comfy anorak close to me I amble toward the crowed atmosphere. This jamboree was not my kind of habit, I never adored these things, but I guess I’m changing-time by time.

The entire place is dark except for the fire lighting, it’s giving light to the crowd. I watch as people are using a long stick to roast marshmallows in the fire. There are some people who are sitting around the fire pyre and my eyes land on Bella and Rocco, seems like they are having a nice time.

Hazel spots me and she raises her glass at me with a cheerful smile. I laugh back while making small baby steps toward her. Waving my hand to her I advance toward her with a beam.

“Would you like to drink something?” She grins as she strides close to me. I can smell her alcohol scents. She’s been drinking for a long time I guess. Grabbing her hand I pull her close to me by giving her a support to stand still.

“No, thank. Hazel you are drunk. Are you aware that tomorrow is your wedding and you were are not supposed to be drinking this much.” I snatch her glass, then throw it away. “I should probably take you home. You are not supposed of staying awake for so long in the downfall otherwise you’ll have dark circle and it might be impossible of hiding it with foundation tomorrow.”

She gives me a look of small and judgy eyes. “Who cares about the wedding?” she chuckles, “I don’t-not in a thousand years. Luca is a piece of shit. I’ll rather to stab him than marrying him. Sorry for offending your brother, Arielle, but I’ve never seen such a vicious man in my entire life.” She makes a disgusting face as she gazes at me.

“I know he disgusting and I hate for surrendering you to him. I wish I might have done something in order to stop all these things from taking place.” I utter as I lead her to the wooden bench in the beach. “I wish I could change the setting and replace Luca by Angelo.” A small smile appears on my lips.

We both know this would have been the perfect decision, but we are not capable of controlling things in New York. The Ricci’s are stronger here. Angelo cannot do anything either, he works for Antonio now. I’m nervous as what might happen at the wedding  tomorrow. Stepping in the Verona Mansion will be like entering hell, their soldiers are about be well armed and they can attack us under a blink without us knowing.

“Will you consider me your rival after being a part of the Ricci’s?” Her eyes wanders to mine. She makes me quiver.

“Don’t sound stupid, Hazel. Even Angelo is a Ricci. I don’t hate him! How can hate you? You like my angel sister. I love you and will always stand by your side.” I mumble as I take in some fresh breath.

I watch the tears leaking from her eyes and it aches. Hazel was the girl who used to be full of happiness and carefree. Now that I am indeed to see her crying, it’s hurting me the most. She supported me when I was in the odd condition, I can’t turn my back on her.

From a distant I spot Antonio walking toward us and a kind of comfort rushes trough me. He glances down at me and I see the glint displayed on his eyes. His glimmering eyes remind me of the moon half faded in the morning light. I beam at him.

“Stop crying. Hazel.” He sounds soft and caring. He takes a seat next to Hazel then glances over her head to look at me. I half smile at him, "should we stop this wedding?" I lips sync.

He doesn't say anything instead he gives me a black stare. "Life is not always about loving someone. There will be a moment where you'll have to look the world by your advantages. But in your case I'll suggest you to take my gun and shot Luca instead of marrying him. He doesn't deserve you, darling cousin." He mutters as he curses something in Italian. I stare him in disbelief—did he just agreed to fight back?

~~~
Hey Sweet Readers, I would like to hear feedback from you. ♡