Chapter 33

Arielle

Antonio is waiting for me downstairs. I am wearing the black dress along with a pair of matching stilettos heels. The eyes shower is perfect dark with a perfect eye liner and my blue eyes looks more captivating with the dark surroundings. At last I take my purse and head downstairs. I feel sore and the pain between my thighs has not decreased yet.

Antonio is wearing a black tuxedo, his shirt is black too and he has no idea how dashing he is. Riccardo waits for us by the elevator. My husband holds my arm and ushers me to the elevator.

Antonio and I get in the passenger seat and Riccardo is our driver. My shoulder kept slamming with Antonio's. We have not spoken since the intense sex we had. I keep on wondering—will he love me?

I glances at him. He was staring outside the window, I guess he noticed me. He gazes at me and caught me looking at him. He gives me a 'what' look and I shake my head.

I break the silence by bringing my words to him, "can I tell you something?"

"Yes." His voice is coarse.

"Can't you stop Hazel's wedding? Luca is not the right man for her." I say in a low pitch.

"That's not my issue." He shrugs.

"She is your cousin." I utter.

"She has to adjust herself—like you."

His words sends grievious daggers to my heart. Is it what I'm doing, adjusting myself to live with him?

"You know what?" I half smile with rage. "You'll always be heartless. That's your nature."

"Why can't you understand that each girl marrying a mafia needs to accept the reality. We can't love. Is that clear." He shouts causing me to look at him with leaking tears from my eyes.

"I'm not asking you to love me. If you give me couples of your precious time things will work for me. A brief of attention can be enough, Antonio." I wipe the tears with my knuckles.

Riccardo glances at us from the rearview. He blinks assuring me everything will be fine.

"What do you want me to do? Bring you for shopping, movie, picnic, or romantic dinner. If you are expecting all those things from me then I'll suggest you to quit these expectations because normal couples are up to do all these stuffs." He sighs with flaring nose. He motions at us. "This, is not normal."

"You were right about you being the dead man. I agree." I nod my head with a faint smile.

His eyes glimmers with a glint on it. He tilts his head toward the window.

I snivel. I can't stop myself from whimpering. My phone vibrates on my purse. Taking it out, I read the caller ID. Its Angelo. Clearing my throat I manage to make my voice sound normal then I answer the call.

"Hello." I say through the phone.

"Hey. How are you?"

"Good. I'm on the way to Leom Mansion."

"Okay. Listening to me carefully, when you'll arrive here find an opportunity and try to filch Rey de la mafia. We need the book before it's too late."

"Yeah."

"Antonio is with you?" He asks in a low tone.

"Of course." I laugh dryly, so that Antonio will not suspect me.

"Fine." Angelo chuckles on the other side, "see you." He says before hanging up.

I almost forgot about the book, I should get it. Last time I browsed about it and found there is only one copy of Rey de la mafia, that's the original book. I got a glimpse of the description in which was written that the book has the history of mafia life and every clarification on how to reunite the Bratva and Cosa Nostra—rejoining them will decrease the possibilities of crisis. Slaughtering the bad in order to reestablish the good.