Chapter 31

Arielle

Another week has passed by and I haven't seen a glimpse of my husband. He wakes up before me and returns home after I fall asleep. I don't understand why he is avoiding me. I admit he doesn't love me but at least he could talked to me. I feel suffocation to stay here. When I call Angelo and asks him about Antonio, he says my husband is not at the office.

Where is he then at the club? Strip club? Having fun? He doesn't come to me then where does he go for half of the times?

Today we are supposed to go at the Leon mansion. The Ricci's will come over for Hazel and Luca's wedding agreement. I don't have any idea how I am supposed to call off their wedding. It might be risky to mess up with Luca and it's not easy to stop this marriage.

Till the morning I am feeling groggy and unsteady. Crouching in the couch I held my coat close to me in order to make my body warm. The biliousness has made me weak and I can barely do something. I stare at the book shelf and don't feel like reading. Literally I don't want to do anything the nausea is troubling.

"Hey." Riccardo sits on the couch facing me. He grabs a magazine from the coffee table and flips open some pages. "You look pale."

"I am not feeling good." I whisper with a pouting face. I am sitting like a ball on the couch.

Riccardo analyses my face carefully, "should I take you to the doctor?"

"No, I'll be fine. Can you grab me a water bottle from the fridge."

He nods his head and goes to the kitchen. He cane back with his phone in his hand. Seems like he is texting someone. He hands me the bottle.

"Thank you." I whisper straighten myself on the couch.

Opening the cap I gulp down the chilly water and the biliousness relieves a bit. I keep the bottle in the coffee table.

"Would you like to eat something? Should I order food?" Ric asks me while looking at his phone.

"Yeah. Soup might work." I mumble. "Chicken soup with mushrooms."

"Fine." He doesn't look at me instead he gazes at his phone, I think he must have already ordered the soup.

After ten minutes the elevator dings. I thought it must be the delivery man, Riccardo advanced toward the elevator. I hear masculine voices. To my astonishment Antonio walks to the living room with a plastic bag in his hand.

"How are you feeling?" His voice is calm and concerned.

I flickers my eyes to Riccardo who glances at me with a smirk. I shot him a 'what you did this' look. He grins then makes his way upstairs. Antonio settles himself next to me on the couch. I adjust myself beside of him.

"I was not feeling good." I mumble.

He glances at me then handles me the bag, "I bought you chicken soup with mushrooms." A smile appears on his lips as I take the bag from his hand.

"Did Riccardo ask you to buy this?"

"No." He shakes his head.

"You asked him to ask me what I want to eat??

"Yeah." He whispers.

Opening the plastic bag I take out the bowl and the spoon. I uncover the lid then dig the spoon inside and then takes a sip from the loaded spoon.

"Wasn't you supposed to be working right now?"

"I left early. Rocco and Angelo are working. We need to go at Leon Mansion this evening."

He drop off because of today's event. I thought he came home for me. How can I forget he is a devil with a heartless soul. He watches me drinking soup without any expression on his face. After drinking the coup he takes the bowl from my hand and went to discard it in the kitchen. Is he being nice to me?

"Do you still need a doctor?" His voice echoes from the kitchen and I hear some small noises of things moving around the kitchen.

"No. I am feeling better than before." I say with my voice more energetic than the morning. The soup did work well. The sense of nausea has disappeared but I'm still feeling a little weak.

"Do you have a dress to wear for the event?" He came to the living room and is standing by the massive wall separating the lounge and dining room.

"I must have some dress. I went shopping with Hazel and there are some new outfits which I haven't worn. I will find something to wear."

"Good." He nods.

I stare in his direction and he smiles at me and the smile vanishes in a blink. He joins me in the living room. It's two in the evening, I switch on the television. Antonio removes his suit, he lifts both sleeves halfway through his arms then sit beside of me on the couch. I don't utter a word, he grasps me and pulls my head on his chest. Resting my head on his chest I lifted my gazes to look at him. He looks down at me, he has a cold expression on his face. He caresses my hair softly with his large palm, he then begin to massage my scalp. I let out a moan with the calmness he provides with his fingers—its like magic. Closing my eyes I enjoy the peaceful moment close to him.

It feels good to have him near me. I wish we could stay like this forever. This is the first time he have ever show a glimpse of affliction toward me. I pray this could be us for the rest of this journey.

He wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer to him. He is holding me like a toddler do to his teddy bear. He places a kiss on my hair.

Will I ever understand if he is showing me his concern or love?