Chapter 17

Arielle

"The dress will be perfect for you." Hazel holds my arm.

"Told you." Bella half smiles.

"Bella." I pause only to see the wedding ring on her finger. "Are you married?"

She shakes her head. "Not anymore. My husband died two months ago. We could barely reach till the end of our wedding. It was a disaster and I don't want to talk about it."

"I'm sorry for your loss."

"Its okay." She whispers.

"Antonio just texted me. We are going for family dinner this evening." Hazel says while gazing her phone.

What is Antonio planning now. Does he want to kill the entire family at the same time?

...

Hazel and Bella went home. I came to the penthouse and found out that Angelo has got an invitation for dinner too. Angelo went outside for work and I am alone again in the penthouse. Riccardo is minding his own business in the kitchen.

Taking book one of Amore series I dig myself to the book and enjoy each part if its amazing writing. After reading for about half an hour I fall asleep on the couch. I woke up by the ding if the elevator. I thought it was my brother but for my astonishment I saw Rocco.

"Hey." He motions with a wave at me.

I stand up from the couch with a serious expression on my face. "What brings you here?"

"Antonio told me to check on you. He told me to inform you that Angelo will join us at the restaurant, no need to worry about him and I've came here to get you ready.

"I don't need help."

"You do." He corrects me.

A part of me wishes I was marrying Rocco, he's much more easy-going than Antonio. Antonio is all business with dry straight to the point conversations. He leads me straight to my room and my nerves get the best of me. My hands shake and goosebumps begin to rise on my skin. Being alone with him feels...taboo. I've never been alone with another male who wasn't my father or one of my brothers. Sure, I've been alone with Antonio briefly, but he's my fiancé—this is his brother.

"This one," Rocco pulls out a blue dress that Hazel had picked out when we went shopping. It was a very revealing cocktail dress. "This is his favorite color, he'll love it." Rocco winks at me.

"What are you going to do next, my hair and makeup?" I snort snatching the dress away from him.

"No," he growls. "I'm a man, I know a sexy dress when I see it, but when it comes to makeup, I don't know shit."

"And hair?"

"Just leave it long, it looks better that way," he waves his hand dismissively.

I decide that Rocco was right about dress, the blue cocktail dress matches the color of my eyes. It's low neckline showed enough cleavage to make any man drool. The shoes provide me with at least three more inches. My legs are skinny, but even in heels they still look good.

Applying mascara and light pink lipstick was the topping to my look. I'm startled when I see Rocco standing directly outside my door. He's already ready wearing a burgundy suit which definitely wasn't business casual, but with his black hair, long enough so that it curls at his ears, makes him look irresistible in that color.

I've heard about the restaurant before, it's owned by the Famiglia. Antonio is already sitting at a table with Bella and Hazel sitting across from him.

"Is that Arielle Ricci?" The owner of the restaurant greets me.

I nod my head. "Yeah."

"Have a great evening Miss. Ricci." He snaps while with a little bow of his head.

"Rocco! Ciao!" He pulls him into a hard hug and slaps his back.

"You've hooked yourself the new Capo! Salute! This is a celebration! I will bring over a bottle of my finest wine. Go, sit, eat and enjoy!"

Rocco leads me over to the table and when we reach it, Antonio stands and I notice his eyes widen slightly. His gaze is on my breast and collarbone.

"You look, nice," he bows his head in respect. "Sit."
 "Thank you, you do too." I take the seat next to him and admire how handsome he looks in a brown suit.

"Antonio" the owner approaches with the wine.

"Sergio," Antonio stands and claps the restaurant owner on the back just like Rocco had done.

"I see a congratulations is in order for you and lovely fiancée. She's a beauty and a sweetheart. All the happiness, you two." He pours us all a glass of wine.

"Thank you," Antonio picks up his glass and raises it slightly to Sergio and then to me before sipping it.

I do the same, I raise mine and drink to us.

"Those guys are staring over there," I whisper.

"No one will mess with us unless they have a death wish," Rocco says it's the matter of fact.

Antonio stands up eyeing the two males who have suddenly gone pale.

"Let's not cause a scene," I lightly touch his wrist and he rips his arm away from me.

Antonio walks over and sits down at the gentleman's table. He looks calm like a gentleman his hands politely folded on the table in front of him. One of the men smirks and jerks his chin in my direction.

Lightning quick Antonio pulls out a knife from who-knows-where and stabs the man directly between the eyes killing him instantly. The man's eyes roll back in his head, God, I'm never going to get the sound of his skull cracking and the squishing sounds of his brain being penetrated out of my mind. The body topples and Antonio stands, he grabs one of the white cloth napkins and wipes his face and hand. He throws the tainted napkin down onto the other man's food and walks back to our table to sit.

I stare long and hard at the other man whose jaw is dropped. He looks shocked, horrified and incredibly sad. Who was that man to him beside him? A coworker? A friend, a life-long best friend, his brother? The endless and heartbreaking options. The man's eyes water and I have to force myself to look away.

What did he say to make Antonio kill him? What did he do to deserve the death penalty?

Bella looks pissed as if this has happened many times before. Hazel looks normal. Rocco simply looks amused as if he enjoys seeing his brothers savagery, but I guess why wouldn't he? He's a Made Men too-they love violence.

Maybe love isn't the best word since they're incapable.

They enjoy violence. They get a thrill.

If I look in the mirror right now, I would most likely look frighten and shocked. Sergio walks out and throws his hands up about to yell when he looks over at Antonio who shrugs.

"Send the bill to me," he says in that gruff voice that sends my body scattering with goosebumps.

"You can never come in here without stirring up shit, huh?" Sergio shakes his head but doesn't seem as mad as he was before. "What'd the poor sucker do to deserve it?"

"Staring and insulting what is mine," he wipes his bottoms lip with his thumb and throw a glance at me.

Bella sequels silently putting her hand over her heart, it doesn't take me long to piece together that Antonio had murdered that man because of whatever he said about me. "Defending her honor. How romantic!"

"You like her. Don't get me wrong!" Hazel smirks.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I don't take kindly to other men disrespecting my property."

"Property?" I curl my lip in disgust. "I am no one's property!" I stand up then storm toward the main door. Did he just insult me in front of his family?

Before I can exit the restaurant, I'm caught by my arm and pulled into a hard, citrus-smelling body. I look up to meet Antonio's eyes that appear black.

"You are staying and having dinner," his voice commands.

"You disrespected me by calling me your property in front of all of them. As if I'm puppy to be owned," I turn my face away from him.

"As my fiancée, I am responsible for your protection and as Capo no one will talk about my fiancée, my brother, my parents, my cousin, without fucking dealing with me. What those men said was not only disrespectful to you, but also me. They should've recognized who rules Chicago. This is how men like me earn our respect, got it, sweetheart?" He let's go of my arm and moves it to the small of my back. "Let's eat. Our food should be arriving shortly."

I don't argue mainly because I am starving.

The waiters brings our food a few minutes after I sit. Rocco cracks a few jokes while I dig into my lasagna that is oozing with extra cheese-just how I like it. Hazel moaned as she shoves a fork full of penne with pesto into her mouth and Rocco shut-up long enough to taste his spinach and cheese ravioli.

Antonio had ordered the gnocchi's and they look mouthwatering. "Would you like a bite?" He stabs two with his fork and motions it to me.

I couldn't resist. I lean in close to the fork and open my mouth. Antonio's eyes look calculating as touches the silverware to my bottom lip. Our eyes meet and him feeding me feels strangely erotic. Stuck in our moment, Rocco clears his throat and mine and Antonio's moment is ruined. We return back into acquaintances ignoring each other.