Chapter 4

Arielle

Glancing at my watch my eyes flickers back at the statue of Aphrodite. Why I'm not a statue life would not have been cruel. Made of granite this beauty has become breathtaking no one can hurt her, move her and sell her. Someone please turn me into a statue I am tired of these grieves this was not supposed to be me. I am lost and don't know what to do further.

Father and Antonio comes out from the conference room. I had left earlier because I am not able to endure higher irreverence. How will Antonio treat me?

My eyes wanders to his direction he looks fresh and handsome but deep inside those azure eyes I apperceive he is going through something arduou and he is trying to act normal even though he know he can't.

I watch as he approaches near me. I bent my head and look at my crossed legs. His hand reaches for my chin and he forces me to gaze up at him. My eyes must be teary or red because I see Antonio analyses it carefully with stitches brows and he looks concern for a second then it disappears within an instant.

"You are now my responsibility." He let go a breath before speaking again, "you comprehend what happened inside."

I nod my head, "yes." I am a little afraid of him. What if he takes out a gun and shot me if I don't do what he asks for?

"Currently I don't want you to ride back with that motherfucker." He gestures where Marco Ricci is standing. "But I don't have any options. You'll have to go back with him, say goodbye to your family then I will be back for you. You are sold to me. They don't have to right to treat you bad now." He assures me, his lips curls into a smile.

"How can you say they treated me bad?" I find myself asking him questions regarding me.

"If they didn't you would have say something in there." He whispers then takes off his hand from my chin.

Ample of grieves runs away from me. I can feel the change with his presence and I build a hope that everything will be nice now. I watch him walking away from him and talks with my not too nice father. Antonio says something to father which makes his face goes pale.

That's mean father is afraid of Antonio Giordano, he is a lot more powerful than the Ricci's. He might be powerful but it's going to hunt me for the rest of my life. I don't apprehend a glimpse about his life. Some minutes ago he was a complete stranger to me, I didn't knew his name and all I know currently is that he belongs to the Chicago Outfit.

I will no longer stay in New York. Chicago will be a complete new place to me I haven't been there since a long. How much I remember, I went there when I was a toddler. All I know is the name and nothing about the city, not even a brief history.

Antonio gets to his car, it's a black Porsche, as soon as the engine goes on he drives away by the same time. Marco glances at me with a normal face and I walk toward the car in which we came here earlier.

I don't say a word in the car. Father does not talk to me, he stays quiet and I think it might be Antonio who warned him about not talking to me. I am grateful for Antonio's little help.

Reaching at home I rush inside with my hands on my jacket pocket. Everyone is in the living room. A weird feeling runs through me-unhappiness and sadness. I wonder if they knows about the deal with Antonio. If they do not have any idea about it then who will tell the story me or father?

Father has not came inside yet. Should I begin the story?

"Where did he take you?" Mother asks with a serious tone. Sometimes I feel mercy toward her but then I remember how she used to remind quiet when father would hit me. It makes my heart go cold.

"Wow. I'm surprised how you guys don't have any idea." A chuckles escapes from my lips and my eyes lands to Angelo and I give him a half smile with sadness eyes.

"What?" Luca growls dragging his attention to me.

"Father just sold me to Antonio Giordano." Their faces goes blank. "Shouldn't we be celebrating?" My voice is in a deep pitch as I attempt to speak whilst from the inside I want to cry.

"What the fuck?" Angelo stands up with clenched jaw his hand fists into a ball.

"Wait." I tell him. He looks into my eyes and I nod my head. "Don't make a scene you know he would never agree." I give my brother an assuring look which calms his nerves. He reaches for me and pulls me into a hug. I hug him back while holding him tightly.

I hear someone's footsteps, it must be father.

"We've acquired twenty new soldiers. The famiglia is not weak anymore." Father says in a joyous mood.

"By selling my sister?" Angelo utters with gritted teeth. I hold his arm and stop him from taking a step forward.

"Do I have a daughter?" He says sarcastically.

His words hurts but I don't show my reaction. I am done with him, he sold me and now he is don't my father anymore. I want him dead and he will be dead soon.

"Angelo. I love you." I smile at him and try to distract him from fighting with Marco Ricci. I don't want them to quarrel because of me.

"Love you too, little Arielle." Pulling me close to him Angelo places a kiss on my forehead.

If I want something permanent for the rest of my life is to have Angelo standing by my side. He is the strength behind the reason of my survival.

When I will go to Chicago then I will not meet Angelo. Father and Luca will dominate him here. They think he is weak but I have seen his power and I know if Angelo would be the Capo of New York, he will be the most loving one and loyal to his clan.

I pray my brother will get the love he needs. I don't want him away from my life. Our siblings bond is unbreakable no matter how much Marco and Luca tries to break it.

"Antonio will keep Arielle way better than you did! He belongs to Chicago Outfit where people respect their family members. I have faith that my sister will get all the love which she never received here. You've failed as a father for your two children." Angelo says he keeps his voice under control. I know he will not create a scene, he listens me.

"Do I care. My duty comes first."

"If your duty as a father can be unsuccessful then don't be happy about succeeding as a Capo-you will be doomed. I give you my word." Angelo barks.

Putting his hands around my back Angelo takes me outside of the mansion. I don't have any idea where he is taking me but I continue to follow his lead. He opens the door of his car then helps me get inside