Epilogue

Arielle

Nothing can replace the joyful morning of Christmas eve. I stare the well decorated tree in the lounge. We spent an entire night to decorate this tree. Antonio said it's the first time that he has adorned a Christmas tree in his house and he is extremely happy to celebrate Christmas with me.

"Ary..." he mumbles as he holds my hand and brings it close to his lips and places a kiss on it.

I glance at him with a beam, "yeah." I mumble and he smirks.

"I've got you a gift." He says in gentle voice and I never knew he could sound so soft.

My brows knit together and a smile appears on my lips, "what gift?"

He takes something out his pocket and places it on my palm, "hope you'll like it—you know I'm not the man with hearts and flowers, I tried my best to get you something pleasant." He scratches the back of his head.

I don't look at what he gave me instead I pull him into a hug, "everything you give me is precious to me." I whisper. He tightens his grip around me. Pulling apart I look at my palm, it's a key. I gaze him with tiny eyes, "and the key belongs to...?" I mutter with a grin knowing what it might be.

"A house." He smiles.

"Wow."

I place a kiss on his lips then glance at him, "thank you."

"Anything for you." He whispers with a smile. "I'm sure you'll like the house, it's in a deserted area surrounded with gardens."

"Our family." I mumble.

Antonio brings his hand to my stomach, he smiles at me, "did I know that marrying you was my only exciting faith." Our eyes lock. "You've made me survive my weakest point, Arielle. At first I felt like loving you was the worst thing I'd done but you proved me wrong. Loving you was never  weakness that was my fucking strength. I've seen cities burn, people die, bloodied sunrises, the famiglia massacre, yet you were the only pristine goddess who walked into my life with fiery weapons and stabbed me right at that place where I forsaken myself." His eyes fill with tears. "No matter what will await us in the future, I need you to be strong like you'd always been. Since we got married I never honored you as my wife," he pauses and sighs. "The moment I  made you mine, you stay mine until death comes for us. You’re mine in the night and the shadows where I’m fucking king. You’re mine in the light while facing our fears, standing beside Death as his queen. If I’m a killer, you’re a killer. Where I end, you fucking begin.” The intensity on his voice has me intrigue with his fate of surviving and that's when I realised—I was never afraid of him till the beginning.

***
Antonio scoops me into my arms and takes me upstairs to our bedroom. We lay down tangled in each other’s limbs and lazily kiss each other as if we have all the time in the world to do just this.

“I think we deserve a proper honeymoon,” Antonio tucks a strand of my locks behind my ear.

“Yeah?” My face lights up. “Where would we go?”

“Italy,” he says with confidence and confirmation. “We should go to Sicily and see where our grandparents came from. I have a cousin who wouldn’t mind renting his guest house to us for a week. It’s on the water.”

“On the water, huh? Does that mean we can go skinny dipping?”

"Such a dirty mind" he reaches for my lips.

We strip each other until there is nothing keeping our skins from touching. He feels warm against my body and his mouth heightens my senses in the best way possible causing me to shutter underneath him. I press my body hard against his and hold onto him with all my strength.

A sensation in my stomach causes me gasp and sit up quickly. Antonio grabs my waist and furrows his eyebrows, a worried expression washes over his face. “What’s wrong?”

“The baby,” I rasp.

“Is something wrong? Do you need a doctor?” He nearly jumps out of bed but I grab his wrist and move his hand to my stomach.

“She moved.”

“She moved?” His mouth is parted with curiosity and he sucks in his breath in anticipation for her next little summersault.

“It was brief. It was just a little fluttering, nothing like kicking,” I hear those come a little later in the pregnancy—probably next month I’ll feel her feet against me.

“Wow,” he whispers. “I can’t believe we’re having a baby.” He keeps his hand on my stomach as he kisses me with gentle tenderness.

“We’re having baby,” I smile and Antonio breaks out into laughter holding me in his lap and a rubbing his arms up and down my back. 

This can't be any happier than anything. We've earn the life we had been craving for since our childhood. Nothing can't be more loving than this.
I will never let anything happen to my family.

The End.

This is the end of this story. Thanks a lot for supporting me and I love you all. Check out my other stories, I will start publishing on a daily basis. I hope you've enjoyed this story so far.