Chapter 30

Arielle

I put the meat to grill in the oven and then sliced some greenish for salads. I have Riccardo to shut his mouth, I don't want him to tell Antonio that I am cooking him dinner. I would wait till dusk then when he will be here I will pretend to eat then offer him some. If I don't act, I know how my husband is. He will be pissed off.

"Do you really think this will work?" Riccardo asks as he leans his hand on the bar island.

"If only you'll keep your mouth shut."

He laught dryly, "you know Mr. Giordano needs an update about you after each minute." He gazes at me and my brows stitches together.

"What do you mean?" I lean my hand of the island bar and stare Riccardo who is on the other side. "What is your job like?" I question him.

"Mr. Giordano needs an update about you approximately seven to eight times in a day." He explains.

"Like what?"

"What you are doing. Are you sleeping or not. Which time we came home from shopping and if you are not planning on escaping." Riccardo laugh.

Taking the lettuce from the basket I throw it toward him and it actually hit him before he caught it.

"I'm going to tell him you throw a lettuce at me too." He winks at me.

"Riccardo. Stop messing with me!" I shout. A grin escapes my lips. He is funny.

"I'm not messing with you." He lifts his brows then places the lettuce in the basket.

"You are being hilarious." I laugh then continue to the lettuce for salad. "Are you friendly with Antonio?"

He sighs then nods his head, "yeah." He glances at me. "I told you he means a lot to me."

"Do you both have a history together?"

A glint appears on his eyes and he nods, "my job was not a bodyguard. I used to be Antonio's right hand man. We trust each other."

Throwing a glance at him I half smile, "would you give your life for him if you'll have to?"

"Of course I would." He says with seriousness on his face and he sounds promising.

"How did you meet Antonio. Like in what kind of situation?"

"You should ask him someday." He smirks at me.

"I will." I nod my head. "I have the rights to know the man who guards me twenty four seven. The man who have every updates of my daily schedule." I mumble in a mocking tone.

"Now you are the one messing with me." He rolls his eyes.

"Oh. No I'm not. You are my friend, Riccardo. You should get use of my silliness now." I let out a laugh.

"You are not silly at all."

"Who am I then?"

"A cute lady who is fighting the core of her life in order to earn the love of her husband."

I watch him with an expressionless face. "He would never love me." I frown.

"Give him time. He is capable of love. One day he will fall for you then remember the words I told you."

"You will be here to witness it."

He shakes his head with a painful smile, "death is always sudden. Even when it isn't." He states. "You are an amazing person, Arielle. Never underestimate the hidden strength you have—someday you will have to fight back."