Chapter 41

Arielle

Weeks flies by and three days has remained for Hazel's wedding. We failed from stopping their wedding and I pray Hazel will lead a happy future, I know it's not possible while staying with Luca, yet I try to convince myself she will be fine. Hazel was in New York after her engag with my vicious brother. She called me and was crying because Luca was forcing her to have sex with her and she did not wanted him to touch her before their wedding, she managed to stop him, I can't imagine what will happen after their marriage. Luca will abuse her.

We are flying to New York, the city that never sleeps and the place where I was born. I don't want to go there but its important to attend Hazel's wedding, another pair of Giordano and Ricci are about to join and I can already dread about the consequences. There will be a disaster—an unexpected war.

Antonio has his laptop displayed in front of him. Rocco is busy with his phone, Ric has a newspaper in hand and Angelo is reading a magazine.

"Angelo." I call out. He gives me a what look. "It's odd to see you with a magazine in hand." My lips curls into a curve.

"There's nothing interesting in this." He closes it and flips it to the alcove and it flies then hits the seat.

We are only five person in the plane then there's the stewardess and pilot. This jet is owned by the Giordanos, this one is more elegant from what Marco Ricci owns.

Riccardo opens a packet of chips he offers each of us and I was astonished when all the mafia men picked chips from it. I never knew they like eating chips and random snacks. Antonio has never eat those stuffs at home before, after all, half of the time he is not at home. How would I know what he likes or dislikes.

Hours past and we've landed to New York. From the window I spot cars precise in a perfect line, there are three Ford Mustang and one vantablack Bugatti Divo—the view screams money. Antonio holds my arm as we descend the dozens of stairs. The men standing near the cars are wearing black suits with sunglasses. I wonder if Antonio has a piece of territory secured in New York.

"Are they your soldiers?" I question Antonio.

He nods his head, "yeah."

"You've marked your territory here?"

"No, there's a boundary where I own a club and those are my people working here. I'm a Capo, I should have contacts with several cities."

"Okay." I whisper.

The man standing across the vantablack Bugatti, opens the passenger door for us. Antonio offers me to have a seat first then he slides in the backseat with me. Angelo, Ric and Rocco are in the Ford Mustang.

"Do we always need a driver?" I glance at Antonio.

Dragging his attention to mine, he analyses my face for a couple seconds. "Its for our safety." He says.

"You can have your bodyguards following us. Why a driver?"

"Do you feel uncomfortable?" He asks with stitches brows.

I shake my head. "At least we could have spend some moments alone. It would be much adorable to see you in the driving seat rather than a stranger." A smirk appears on my lips.

He glances at me with lust and I bite my lower lip. His eyes travels to my lips and he grins. "Stop!" He orders and the car brakes with screeching halt.

I hear the screeching noise of the Mustangs following us. I gaze at him and he nods with a beam his eyes brimming with passion and coldness. The entire road has bustling of cars and with the sudden  stoppage people are honking wildly.

"Suit yourself in one of the Mustangs. I'll drive." Antonio motions toward the driver and he rush outside within a second.

Antonio gets off from the car and he offers me his hand. "Would you like have the front seat, Mrs. Giordano?" He lifts one of his brows into an arousing way and his voice is seductive.

People are glaring at us from their cars and it's insane. Some are shouting and blowing the horns but Antonio does not seem to worry at all.

Offering him my hand an unstoppable smile embraces my lips. He opens the front door for me, once I slide inside he closes it. I watch as he walks to the other side and gets in the driver's seat. I giggle in amusement.

"You are outlandish. It's insane to stop the car admits the highway. You've break the rules." I state while throwing a glance at him.

He starts the engine and drives forward the straight path. "You don't get to the top by following the rules, darling." His voices holds harshness as he speaks with his eyes fixed on the road.

I keep my gazes on him for a moment then my eyes drags to his hand which is resting on the gearshift. My hand reaches for his hand and holds it. He glares me then to our interwind hands, I thought he would grasp back his hand but he didn't. My heart melts when he uses his other hand to shift the gear rather than leaving mine.

"You're not as evil as people think you are." My eyes flickers to him with a glint of comfort.

"No. I'm much worse." He clenches his jaw and draws his hand back with a vigorous force. I watch his action with wild widened eyes.

I part my lips to ask him what happened but then remained quiet when I recollected how heartless his soul is.

Hey Sweet Readers
Don't forget to vote and comment
I love you all ♡