Chapter 54

Arielle

"Sera died on that night?" My brows knits together as I search for an answer in Angelo's cold face. "She was the one whom I attacked." I shutter with fear. "You knew it was her. You were the one who cleaned the mess." I glare at him and he looks away.

"I knew. I hide it so you don't feel guilty. Seraphia was working with Marco and they are planning something arduous to trap us. We are their aims. Today things might got down. Luca is dead and Marco would reach any limit to delve Luca's death." He explains and I notice an abhorrence crossing his face.

Antonio told me the same thing—we are in danger. My palm reaches my belly and I stare down there for a second. I don't want our child to lose his father or uncle before his or her birth. I'm aware that Marco Ricci would cross all difficulties to slaughter Antonio and Angelo. I was urged to find Rey de la mafia and it disappeared. We were supposed to head to Las Vegas to meet Amara Salvadore and here we are in New York. It all points to our failure. We are changing our motives.

"Are you...okay? You seem distracted." Angelo asks with gentle voice.

My eyes brims with tears as I glance at him. Lifting my gaze I obligate myself speak, "I...I'm pregnant."

My brother smiles but it fades instantly. He looks confused for an instant as he runs his hand over his hair. He sighs, "what? That's great." He half smiles. "But you were on pills. I remember Antonio was warning you that he doesn't want kids." He says with furrowed brows.

"It was Seraphia who changed my pills into pain killers." I utter.

"Damn!" His fist turns into a ball. Pulling me into a hug he buries his face on my shoulder. "I'm happy for you. I wish I'll be here to welcome our little angel."

I sob through our hug and I hear my brother sniffing, I'm sure he's crying. He wouldn't show me his tears and I don't want to see it either, otherwise I would fall weak.

I hear footsteps, we pull apart and my eyes land on Antonio. "You couldn't keep our secret." He half smiles as he enters the room.

"The entire situation is getting weird and I don't think we should hide more secrets with each other." I say in low pitch and Angelo throws a dark glare at me—warning me not to open my mouth. I shake my head. I should reveal everything to Antonio. Things might got down and I don't want to let things buried inside of me.

"What happened?" Antonio asks me with confused expression.

"The night Seraphia died—what we assumed was her so called death. That night I killed your father." I'm shaking and my voice cracks as I begin to sob.

He takes a step backward and his face grows red with rage. He doesn't meet my eyes. "Antonio, let me explain. He was there to kill me. That night I was alone and was returning home from my friend's place when I noticed I was being followed. Instantly I called Angelo. Your father crossed my path with his car then pointed a gun at me. I was all alone and didn't had any weapons to fight back, so I decided to get of from my car, I act to surrender myself to him. When he approached near me I kneed him in the ball and he fallen down, I used that opportunity to strangle him. He died. Before someone saw me I took my car and decided to flee. While driving under panicking conditions my car must've hit Seraphia, she was driving too. I didn't knew the other girl was my half sister. I'm sorry Antonio."

"Should I take this as your helplessness?" He snaps with hatred.

"He tried to kill me." I say with whimpering tone.

"He was my father!"

"He was a devil!" I shout. "You can turn your back on me if you think I didn't do the right thing by killing him! If you were in my place. You would have done the same."

"Don't show me your face, ever again." He doesn't look at me instead he walks away.

Angelo holds me. "He is furious. I'm sure he'll talk to you again. He loves you."

I continue to sob. I can feel burden disappearing. I've told Antonio my deepest secret. I'm glad for telling him. I'm not guilty anymore. Sera is alive. Antonio's father deserved to die. I'm still innocent. I love Antonio, if he doesn't want me back, I'll probably run in an island where generous people survive then I will make my life with my baby.

I'm attempting hard to convince myself that I don't need Antonio to survive the rest of my life, at last he never loved me.

***

"Hey sweet sister." Adrenaline shots me when I hear Seraphia's voice.

I swirl around to face her. "What do you want?"

"You owe me a life." She snaps as she advances near me.

We are standing in the spot where the wedding were supposed to take place. The place is well decorated. I guess no one has found out about Luca's death yet.

"What life?"

"Actually two." She gestures with her hand. "First you nearly killed me and second, Antonio. He was the love of my life. I loved him."

"No, you didn't." I shake my head then chuckle, "if you did loved him you wouldn't have plot his murder plans. You wouldn't have changed my birth pills, in fact I should thank you for changing the pills, at least Antonio can love me because of the baby."

"Love you!" She chuckles, "my foot." She rolls her eyes. "I guess he didn't told you how much he loved me." She pushes her ties forward as she takes a step near me.

"He did." I grin. "Your love failed with mine. I cherished him completely which made him grow hatred for you, slut sister."

"Did you call me slut?" She barks.

"What else should I call you? That's what you are."

"Haven't I tell you the good news?" She gazes at me with tiny gazes.

"What news?"

"Father killed your mother so he can marry my mother." She grins and my eyes brims with tears. Well my mother didn't loved me but I never expected her death this soon.

Seraphia glances someone from my shoulder and she beams. I turn my head and I see Vlas Macksacova. He smiles at me then proceed near me.

"Hello, love." He says with his Russian accent.

"What do you want?"

"Rey de la mafia." He gives me a cruel smirk.

"You stole it!" I shout with anger.

"That's my dignity. I couldn't let it out so people would knock me off."

"You already have all power and money why don't you give us the cure." I ask him and he advances close to me.

"You don't share bullets when you know they are carrying empty guns." Vlas whispers. I give him a blank look. I gasp hard when something hits my head. Holding my scalp I collapse on the ground. Vlas kneels in front of me and Seraphia drags my hair.

"Let's take her to the dungeon." Seraphia says.

They kidnapped me...