Chapter 58

Angelo

Riccardo stops by the huge fountain of Aphrodite at Verona mansion. The fear on his face is unpredictable. Advancing toward him speak, "have you been able to get Rocco in the phone?"

He shakes his head, "his phone is switched off."

I nod. I run my hand through my hair as I glance the other way. "Is Arielle fine?"

"She must be in Chicago by this time." He takes a look at his watch. "She was worried. She witnessed Antonio being shot. The blood isn't suitable for pregnancy. She's under a trance to have to four of us back."

Hearing her health condition it sends daggers to my heart. I did everything for my sister's happiness and I will make sure she'll have her husband back. Fishing my phone from my pocket I call Vlas Macksacova, he might be the only person who can help me out.

The rings goes and he picks up under a second, as if he was waiting for my phone call. "Angelo. Hello." He sounds melodious as he speaks.

"Can we meet?"

"What for?" He chuckles, "I'm under your maverick daddy's payroll. Why should I meet you?" He laugh dryly.

I grin then press my lips into a straight line, "you'll show up for the friendship we vowed each other in high school." Silence dwells amidst both phone calls.

He hummed, "let's call it for a no foe day. Sure mate, let's meet."

"Verona Mansion." I utter.

"I'll be right there, mate." He says before hanging up.

Riccardo shot me a confused gaze and I sigh. "Its the only way to screw Marco and bring back Antonio. We need a crew."  Riccardo nods. "I'll try to connect with Rocco. If you need me call me." He sayz and vanishes inside the mansion.

I am standing in front the statue of Aphrodite, she is a beauty and I don't think I'll be able to consume her alluring shape, she's breathtaking and I'm her admirer—just like I'm gazing her right now.

I pace by the fountain several time until a car beeps and drags my attention to it. I lift my gaze and spot Vlas. He gets off his car and walks to me, he has a smile on his face. Well I didn't expect a hug from him. He pulls me into a hug, "it's been long, mate." He whispers before pulling away.

"Long enough to change our allies to rivalry." I sound coarse.

My inner self warns me not to trust Vlas due to the monster he has turned himself into but a piece of me haven't forgotten the goods things we've done for each other.

"Need help?" His Russian accent murmurs.

"Marco is my father—he is cruel and heartless. If you leave his back he'll probably be weak and Antonio and Rocco can freely take their revenge." I explain and wait to see a glint of support in icy cold face.

"You want Antonio and Rocco to murder your father? You don't want to do it yourself?" He asks with stitches brows.

"If you back off from Marco's plan, I'll consider it as my revenge. He is using your men, you are the one feeding him and if you quit, he'll fall weak. Seeing him weak is all I want!"

"What if I disagree with your opinion?" He gawk at me with amazed eyes.

I chuckle then smirk, "I'll slay you and take everything you earned. Including your beloved sister." The rage in our blood is vigor and dreadful with vengeance and friendship which might urge us strangling each other.

"You want to kill me, you want to hate me, fine, do it. It's between us." He says in harsh tone.

I meet his dejected eyes with my soulless smile, "well that's the problem, Vlas. If I kill you or hate you, then I have nothing left."

His eyes brims with tears and he glances at me, "I'll pull my soldiers down. Take the win, Angelo." He flickers his eyes to me then to the fountain. "You have a sister too and you'll do anything to protect her husband for her happiness. I know what it takes to protect a sister."

"Thanks, mate."

He gives me a quick brotherly hug. "It's all about the famiglia."