Chapter 24.

*3 Days later*

Avery’s POV

A few days have passed in this hell hole.

I finally reunited with Nad and Jake! Jake seems a bit….off to me but I just push it aside since he’s probably worried sick about me.

Nad is so helpful during this whole process. She is slow and tries helping me remember things but I just can’t seem to do it. At one point Jake and one of the boys- Louis I believe his name is- got into a full blown argument in front of me and Louis had to be dragged out of the room. I turned to look at the crowd and everyone gave me sympathetic looks.

What are they arguing about? I would always ask as the boys and Jake fought. Each and every time one of them stormed off and one stayed in an awkward silence after.

It was currently 11 at night here in the state of Massachusetts. It stopped raining two days ago and the sun was coming out during the day. The sky was clear tonight and I was allowed to walk around if someone was with me.

I was currently in the lobby with Nad and it was deserted. We were in a comfortable silence. I had an IV in my arm still and I had the moveable stand with me. I had my fingers curled around the metal stand I leaned my sore and injured head on it as I stared outside the clear glass walls to the outside.

I sighed, sad that I couldn’t be out there. I’ve always wanted to dance in the rain. I’ve always wanted to get a kiss in the rain. My eyes were glazed over and I was sad once again.

“What are you thinking about?” a British accent pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked over and saw my best friend Nadeen standing there a few feet away from me. She could tell I wasn’t my normal energetic self since I would be running around right now.

“Um” I actually had to remember what I was thinking five seconds ago. “About wanting to get out of here.” I say turning to her my hand still on the metal IV tube stand. “I hate hospitals and you know it. When can we fly back to England?” I ask.

“I think in a few days when you’re released from the hospital.” She remembers. “When we get back though is a different story…” she whispers.

“Why? What’s going to happen?” I ask sadly. I really couldn’t handle anything sad right now. I was in enough of a depression. I was injured terribly for starters. My gut was torn up, my head was in a large amount of pain from whatever happened and I couldn’t remember these five boys that were supposedly a big part of my life right now. Hell, no one even told me what happened. Was I actually in an accident with a shark?!

“Well-”

“Avery!” I heard from behind me. I turned and saw the curly haired boy that kept getting into arguments with Jake walking towards me. He had those killer green eyes that I kept falling for but hey! I couldn’t help it they were so amazing!

“Yeah…Harry?” I ask him. I could see a flash of hurt in his eyes when I questioned his name. Honestly I wanted to see his reaction on me forgetting his name. I wanted to see if I really had a big affect on these boys. When I saw the reaction I found out that I did mean a lot to these boys and I guess they meant a great deal to me as well. I just wish I knew everything that happened with these boys.

“Yeah you are right, my name is Harry. I wanted to know where you were so I could ask you something.” He says strolling closer to me.

“Okay, what do you want to ask me?” I ask him.

“I wanted to know if you wanted to go eat something with me right now…or in the morning which ever you want because either way I’m good.” Harry rambles in a cute fashion. I look at Nad and see her stare between the two of us. Harry turns to face Nad and he gives her a strange look and she snaps out of her thoughts as if pinched from a dream.