Chapter 22.

Harry’s POV

I was sitting and talking to Nadeen when the door opened.

A drenched looking Jake waltzed in with four cups of coffee I presume and he sat them down. He was alone so I thought that was strange.

“Where’s the other one?” Nad asks him.

“Oh um it’s strange really” Jake starts “He was talking to this girl in the lobby and when we at the coffee shop he seemed a little tense and worried. Then when we left he told me he had to go do something and left me while running in the rain to god knows where.” He finishes by taking a sip of his coffee. He takes out some sugar and crème and mixes them into it. Then he takes a sip and smiles slightly to himself.

“He didn’t say where he was going?” I ask in a worried tone.

“Nothing. He just ran down the road and off into the fog.” Jake says shrugging while sitting down on the couch. We join him and I sit at the end with Nad between us. It’s a bit strange though, that Louis just ran off without another word.

“Reminds me of a dramatic movie.” Nad says smirking a bit.

“Yeah and he’d be the star of it along with his giant stuffed carrot.” I say grinning at her. She just laughs and shakes his head at me. “It’s possible.”

“Anything from her?” Jake asks.

“No she’s still sleeping and no one came in yet.” I say. I was a bit worried about Avery to tell you the truth.

I didn’t want her to sleep too long and what if she has a memory that only lasts a couple hours?! I will be ruined if I keep having to remind her who I am.

“Hey everything will be okay. Trust me she’s going to be fine.” Nad says rubbing my arm soothingly.

“How’s Zayn doing?” Jake asks eyeing her hand on my arm.

“Still sleeping. That’s not surprising though, he loves to sleep it’s his favorite thing.” I say grinning at the times me and the boys have spent doing things to him while he’s sleeping.

“I wonder how he feels at the moment…he must be in pain is my guess.” Jake states while thinking out loud.

“Wouldn’t be surprised honestly.” Nad says. We stayed silent looking at the two people in the beds. I got up and got my coffee that was sitting on the table against the other wall. I stirred it then took a sip. It tasted bitter on my tongue but I drank it for the caffeine anyway.

“What time is it?” I ask yawning.

“About 1 or so.” Nad responds looking up from her watch. I look at her and Jake to see that they both have bags under their eyes.

“Maybe you guys should sleep, I’ll watch her and wake you guys up if something happens.” I say running my free hand through my curls.

“No. You deserve to sleep more since you worked so hard.” Jake says.

“Please can you not go on with that!” I groan out of annoyance “It’s not like I saved all those people on the plane! I didn’t even save Zayn’s or Niall’s or Avery’s lives and I’m not that important because other people could have done it!!” I say getting annoyed. The pair stares up at me in shock.

Tension filled the air and I downed the rest of my coffee and throw it in the trash while leaving the room. I start to pace the whole length of the hall as I think of what to do.

“Why can’t she just wake up!!” I mumble loudly to myself. A few people walking turn to look at me but they look away when my icy gaze meets them.