Chapter 31.

Avery’s POV

The boys were my best friends now.

It’s been two weeks since the hospital and they’ve grown closer to me than anyone has ever done before. But, today was the day they said they’d admit the whole story to me.

I walked down the stairs in a t-shirt and shorts to see the boys all talking quietly in the living room. They had been doing that lately, talking in close groups to each other. No one knew what the five boys were saying; they never shared with the outsiders.

Nad and Jake were getting into more arguments lately but that was understandable. Jake was being more of a jerk to all of us, with rude and crude comments about whatever happened back on the island.

Does he know what happened?

What was his deal?

“Avery?”

I snap my head up to see Angeline in the kitchen. I smile walking over to her.

“Yes?” I ask looking at her amazing blonde curls that were pulled back into a pony tail.

“I just wanted to say…” she starts while biting her lip. “I’m so honored to be here with you. I know I haven’t talked to you all much and I’m sorry-”

“No.” I put my hand up to stop her, “It’s absolutely fine. You need time-”

“But you do too-”

“Not as much as you do. Now stop interrupting.” I giggle at her blushed face. “You lost your parents, and I know I’m being blunt with it, but this is not something to take likely. You need time to yourself, find out what you want to with your life.”

I watch as her eyes water, “Thank you.” she hugs me tightly with her one good arm since the other was still bandaged up.

“You’re welcome,” I smile pulling away.

“I still love you.” she smiles. I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion and look at her curiously.

“What?”

“Oh! Not that way,” she blushes deeply. “I meant everything about you is just so perfect. Your hair is that right shade of light brown that makes it look natural. Your eyes are green like gems and it’s no wonder the guys swoon over you.”

“No guys have swooned over me-” I roll my eyes.

“Oh shut it, you’re the definition of beautiful.” She laughs but I don’t feel like laughing. That hurt.

“Angeline,” Louis calls and she turns to him while smiling.

“What?” she calls back walking out of the kitchen. I run my hands through my hair and keep them there.

“Hey, you alright babe?” a familiar lust filled voice says.

“Peachy.” I remark sarcastically.

“Avery...” he whisper’s hurt.

“What do you want Zayn?” I hiss turning to face him and his beautiful and ever capturing eyes. Now, he was swoon worthy. Zayn…why must he be so enthralling?!

“I just wanted to know if you wanted to go out later maybe? Ice cream or a walk.” He asks shyly. I feel a red blush grow along my cheeks at his kindness. How could I be so rude and blunt with him? All Zayn has ever done is care for me. He attacked a panther for god’s sake! He saved my life while almost getting himself killed!

“Um…I don’t know if that’s a good idea…” I whisper looking up meeting his eyes again.

“Oh…it’s fine. Maybe some other time-” Zayn rubs the back of his neck and I wince at the brace his arm is in.