Chapter 27.

Zayn’s POV

I woke up to a sneeze.

“Damn it.” I heard someone mumble into my neck. I opened my eyes quickly regretting the decision. It was bright as hell out here! Wait why was I out here again? Oh yeah I told Avery about what happened….cue the sad crying again.

“Huh?” I ask letting go of a warm small body. I squinted opening my eyes to look at who I was holding. Avery. She was sleeping in my arms just like when we were on the island. It always happened…I never knew why it happened….I’m not complaining though.

“Sorry, did I wake you?” Avery asks her green eyes shining up into my brown ones.

“No I was just getting up. The sun hit me just right.” I say sitting up. Apparently we were lying down on the chair swing all night long. My back to the chair’s seat with her chest to mine. She was on top of me. Avery slid down my body and landed in my lap when I sat up all the way. She rubbed her eyes then sneezed again. “Are you all right Thief?” I ask her subconsciously. She looks up at me confused. “Damn sorry I didn’t mean for that to slip out. What I meant was Love.”

“Nothing’s fine I’m-”

“Torn?” I say smirking a bit at my pun. Hilarious.

“What?” she asks.

“Nothing. I was just making an inside joke with me and the boys.” I say laughing a bit.

“Oh okay…..What’s Thief?” she asks looking up at me tilting her head to the side a bit.

“It’s just a nickname I gave you when we were on the island. It’s nothing…really.” I say mumbling a bit looking down at my hands.

“Oh well…cool…” she responds running a hand through her naturally wavy hair. It was so pretty and soft.

“Do you want to um…get up?” I ask her awkwardly. She looks up at me quickly her fingers on the edge of her head bandage. She starts tugging and playing with it annoyingly.

“Yeah, sure. Say… do you remember when I can take this off?” she asks slipping easily off my lap. She sits in the seat to the right of me. I sit up also and see that the sun is about half way up to the sky.

“I think the doctor said in a week when we get back home-”

“Home?” she asks looking out into the yard thinking. “Home!” she exclaims jumping up. “Zayn come on!” she says happily tugging on my uncasted arm. I immediately jump up and try following her at her pace to the deck. Avery’s dirty blonde yet brown hair waves loosely in the wind as she runs ahead of me. She pushes the already open sliding door farther so she can run in.

I follow her up the steps and stand by the door watching the scene unfold in front of me. I hear faint shrieks of laughter and happiness as she runs through the place. Nad is the first to jump up falling out of Harry’s embrace…didn’t they just meet? Weirdo’s…..

I open the door and walk over to the boys waking them up also. Louis was the hardest to get awake but when I said the word carrot I could see Louis’ mouth start to foam even though he was completely out of it. Niall got up with some help from Liam and Harry was already up being yanked out of his sleeping state when Avery woke Nad up. That just left Angeline and Jake.

Louis quietly and sleepily woke Angeline up helping her stand since she couldn’t use her right arm unlike me, I couldn’t use my left arm and right leg. Jake was quickly woken up by Nad and Avery who jumped on him attacking him.

I guess they were really three best friends after all. But wait until she-as in Avery- hears about Jake fighting with all of us. He is so going to get it. But wait…won’t that hurt me too and my standing? I sure as hell hope not.