Chapter 33.

Avery's POV

I wanted to smack the cigarette from his lips.

He kept staring at me with those flaming brown gold eyes. I didn't know what to do when he stared; I just sat there on the bench next to him.

"I'd say I couldn't possibly feel the same towards you."

My lips parted as all the air was sucked out of me, "What did you say?"

"I said I couldn't like you back. I'm sorry Avery if you thought we were more than friends." He slowly blows out the drag and I cough loudly holding my now closed mouth.

"Do you really have to do that in front of me?"

"It's not that I'm doing it because you're here. I smoke because...I can get over it."

"Why are you a jerk again?" I hiss standing up l0oking around. The flat I shared wasn't far from here.

"Excuse me?" the blunt tip of the cigarette was only millimeters from his lips, he stopped mid take in.

"You heard me, now let's go Mr. Cancer." I walk down the familiar cobblestoned road.

I hear him sigh and then footsteps follow me down the road. I look around at the town's shops and I get a bit annoyed. So many things had changed, one being the newspapers. I haven't seen the newspaper reports of us missing, but I can only imagine them saying something like, "Girl lost at sea with boyband."

Media was always crazy.

After about ten to fifteen minutes, we arrived at my flat. I opened the door to the lobby area. I walked to the stairs and quickly ran up them, even if it pained my head with every jump and stride I made.

Zayn's footsteps were following me at a much slower pace due to his cast. At one point I had to stop the climbing as I held onto the railing for dear life, the world spun quickly. I could almost feel water and bile rush up my throat as a hand was placed on my lower back.

I didn't even look over my shoulder to see who it was, I could feel his heat radiate on to me.

"Are you alright?" his hand slides up my back and rubs in a gentle circular motion.

"No...yes...no I'm not Zayn." I say holding tears back. He's sighs and turns me towards him, pulling me to his chest. He wraps his arms around me as I do the same to him. I hold onto his jacket in my fist to become closer to him.

"Everything will be alright, I promise."

"Don't lie to me. Don't be like them."

"Avery, I told you I promise everything will be okay, didn't I?"

"So?"

"Everything will. You'll see." he brushes my hair back and gives me a weak smile. I return the smile as I push away from him. I grab his arm, looping mine through it. I pull him up a few steps but he stands still.

"What are you doing?" I tilt my head to the side in confusion.

He shakes his head and walks up a few steps, one step lower than mine. He pulls me close to him.

"Zayn..." I say unsure of his movements. His hand goes up to the back of my neck and he pulls my face close to his.

And I feel those damn lips fit into my own almost perfectly.

Fuck this shit.

I kiss him back just as passionately as his arms wrap around my back pulling me up on his chest. I tangle my fingers in his dark hair as I kiss him back, his tongue tracing my bottom lip.

This wasn't real...This was just a dream...

I couldn't be kissing him. Zayn and I...I loved Zayn.

And that was all I thought of as all the once lost memories flooded my mind.

The jaguar, the banana tree, the rolling in the mud, the late night talks with Zayn. Everything.

I pushed away from him as his lips started kissing along my jaw line going down my neck. God damn it. He set me on fire.

"Zayn..." I groan trying to get his attention.

"Hmm?" he moans back his lips attached to my neck.

"Zayn Malik...." I say as I remember. His lips stop at the base of my neck, where it meets my collarbone.

"Yes?"

"I remember."

He pulls his lips from my skin and looks at me strangely. His dark eyebrows were furrowed together in confusion as his beautiful eyes scanned my face for signs.

Signs? Signs of what?

Like I had a flipping clue.

"Avery...what do you remember?" he whispers, his chest still firmly on my own, his arms around my back as my fingers stay tangled in his soft hair.

"All of it." I whisper so quietly as if my voice would break.

His eyes widen in astonishment and happiness. Then they turn into joy and ecstasy. His lips softly fit themselves onto my own and I smile into it, as does he.

"Zayn...why did it take you so long?" I whisper pulling back./

"I was afraid."

"Of?" I question nervously. Was I ready for such an answer?

"You."

"What did I do?" I ask a bit mad. Did I do something? Was it that I did something subconsciously.

He laughs a bit and I smile hearing it. God damn it, I loved his laugh. I loved every damn thing about this guy. All the way from his head to his toes from his soul to his personality. I loved this guy, and I didn't want to stop.

"Avery, what do I call you?"

"Thief..." I tilt my head to the side again.

"What do thieves do?" he smirks at me smugly.

"Steal banks."

"Just steal in general, right?" he nods his head as if I were five.

I shake my head saying, "What does that have to-"

"You stole my heart Avery."

I stay silent as I stare at him. His lips form a shy grin as his eyes show his ecstasy again.

"I hope you know I'm never giving it back."

And he kisses me once again.

*****

Awww!! I loved this chapter.

How they were mad at each other at the beginning and then the kiss. I've been dying for them to kiss, and I'm glad that it was right now, this moment :)

What did you like about it?

Did you even like it?

What team?

Team Zayn?

Team Louis?

Team Harry?

What will Avery do once she gets to her flat?

Find out in chapter 34:

Votes: 20?

Comments: 20?

Please check out the external link for my new teen fiction on my Its_caroline account :) it'd mean the world to me!

I LOVE YOU ALL MY LOVELY LOVES!!